Friday, September 24, 2010

CASE Study Challenge #7

Hi everyone! Yay! It's Friday! I love the weekends because it just means more time for me to make some cards. I have a card for CASE Study tonight. Here's the card from Mariana Grigsby:



Mariana Grigsby made this fantastic card with that gorgeous butterfly in the middle. I took that into my card and used a butterfly as a focal image as well. I made my own background paper by using some stamped images. I know that the card is a little dark, (not my usual colors), but I just love the purple with the hawaiian shores cardstock.


As you might have read in my previous posts, my EK Success edge punch couldn't punch through PTI cardstock! I was sooo disappointed. It got STUCK punched, and I was using a much lighter cardstock from Paper Company. It's really sad because I love this design. Are you having the same problem with EK Success stamps? I was so frustrated with it I almost banged it on the table to try to dislodge it. Thankfully my hubby is such a handy guy! He fixed it for me! :) 

 

Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, chocolate brown (PTI), brown, white (Paper Company)
Stamps - En Francais (SU), swirls (Inkadinkado), Damask Designs, Butterfly Dreams, Big & Bold Wishes (PTI)
Others - edge punch (EK Success)
Inks - tea dye (Ranger), chestnut roan, blackberry (Clearsnap)







10 comments:

  1. Oooh totally lovin' those colours and your distressed inking! Oh and your home-stamped DP totally rocks!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. The swirls, I think, really add a whole new dimension to your design. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love that color combination, especially the distressing around the outside frame. It gives quite a vintage feel and is just wonderful! And that butterfly is simply darling! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jean..I think your card is prettier. There is so much more detail. I love the script background and pretty border punch. I do know that the border punches get dull over time. I have read that if you cut some tin foil with it a few times it will sharpen it. Try that. I don't have any problems cutting my PTI cardstock with my EK Success punches.
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Heather: I heard about using tin foil. I should try that. I think there might be something wrong with the punch itself though. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love his one... the white panel pops agains the dark background, which is magnificent, btw! I also love how purple & blue look together... Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great mix of colours and stamps Jean, the swirls are so elegant! Thanks for joining us at CASE study again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card a whole lot! The distressing is perfect! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails