Thursday, September 16, 2010

Color Cue {8} Challenge and Case Study

Hello again! This is my second post for the evening so if you haven't seen the first one just scroll down. I made another card tonight, this time I used Color Cue {8} Challenge's color combination and Case Study's card. I changed a little of the sketch...I didn't use a circle...instead I used a tag and a flower in its place.


I stamped the flower and leaves with Memories black ink, then I painted them using my water pen. I can't seem to remember what you call them..but I think you ladies know what I'm talking about. I also used my En Francais again on this one. I think you'll be seeing a lot of it from me in the following weeks! I just LOVE it! 


Here's the color combination and the card I cased..







Supplies:
Cardstock - white (PTI), yellow, red (Paper Company)
Stamps - Friends till the End, Polka Dot Basics (PTI), sentiment, En Francais (SU)
Others - tag die (Spellbinders), edge punch (EK Success), rubbon (Wendy), brad, pearls (Recollections)

I actually made another card last night for the Color Cue {8} Challenge. But after making it, I suddenly thought that I had seen it somewhere. I can't remember where or who made it. But I didn't want to post something that looked like someone else's card on a card challenge. Anyway, I'm posting it here just to show everyone. I didn't want to waste it, although it's not my submission for the challenge. Here it is, I hope you like it!

I had made these flowers previously and had no where to use them. I wanted to put a LOT of them on the card. But as I said in my previous posts that making the flowers were very tedious. So instead of filling the space with flowers I used buttons to cover up some of the dead space.




Supplies:
Cardstock - white, lemon tart (PTI), green, red (Bazzill)
Stamps - Victorian Frippery (Waltzing Mouse), sentiment (PTI)
Others - flowers (handmade), buttons (Walmart), pearls (Recollections), edge punch (Martha Stewart), oval punch (Fiskars)

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunners, Jean! I adore these colours together! The mix of elegant and shabby look on the first card is a hit, and the second one is just utterly divine... Thanks so much for playing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Jean! Love the bold, vibrant colors that you've used on both of them. Gorgeous flowers, striking details...an all around feast for the eyes! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love both of these! The balance of color on the first one is perfect, and the flowers on the second one are gorgeous! My paper flowers never turn out so nice. They may be tedious to make, but they pack a lot of punch on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful card, Jean! I love your colouring on that Friends 'til the End flower!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wow! Wow! These are BOTH stunning! You wield that watercolor pen like a pro! Exquisite color work, m'dear! So glad that you've been inspired by the Color Cue palette! It's such a pleasure to have your fine work and creative spirit in this fun challenge! Yee haw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing cards! LOVE the colors and the amazing details. The colored flower on the second one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you need to put it up there anyway. This is very pretty. You may have been inspired by another but this is your creation and you handmade those flowers. These are all beautiful!
    Thank for your sweet comments on my blog. :)
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning! I love the bling and you colouring on the top one! And those flowers....so beautiful, i think worth the time to make them!!??
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are both fabulous Jean, the flowers are stunning! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo pretty! All your jewels are stunning, and your coloring job is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails