Thursday, January 27, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 24

Hello peeps! I've been busy trying to make some cards for some magazine submissions tonight. It gets a little crazy when their list is long and you have more than one magazine that  you want to submit to. It's also fun and exciting, hoping that each time you submit you'll be lucky and they'll pick your card. I'm taking a little break from all the submissions to bring you a new CASE Study Challenge! This is the last week for our very talented guest  Mercy Kerin. Let's show her a little love and drop some nice messages on her blog.




When I started making this card, all I knew was that I wanted to use the cake stamp from Make a Wish (PTI). It's just so cute I can't believe I don't use it often enough. I also used a doily from Martha Stewart for the very first time! If I told you how many times I went through the 3 Michael's in our area looking for these doilies, I bet you wouldn't believe me! Heather was nice enough to look for some for me at her Michael's, but she wasn't lucky either. FINALLY, last Sunday, they were there!!! I know it's barely visible on my card...none-the-less, I was thrilled to finally have some! The background stamp is from Stampin' Up, it's my favorite damask image. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, it's one of my favorite sentiment sets. I have a bunch of hearts and stars that I've already pre-cut with my Expression. I just grab one and adhere glitter on it whenever I need to use them.  


I hope you enjoyed my card. So come on over to CASE Study Challenge Blog and let's play! 

This week's sponsor is Cindy Coutts!


Cindy is generously offering a Stampin' Up! Because I Care Level 1 Hostess Stamp Set to one lucky winner!!
(non-American winner will be kindly asked to cover the price of postage)




What a wonderful prize we have this week! What are you waiting for?! Let's play! Don't forget to check out the fabulous ladies on the design team. They've prepared a wonderful feast for the eyes! Here they are!












5 comments:

  1. jean...this is AMAZING! love the layout, the stitching, and the gorgeous embellies! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet another fabulous card from the wonderful Jean! Amazing job on this jean, that ribbon is just so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card, Jean. You know how I love soft blue and kraft! I didn't think I need the Make a Wish set, but this cake is super adorable. I love how you layered the heart and doily behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant mix of colours, the sparkly heart is a real highlight!! will keep my fingers crossed the magazines accept your submissions, I know they are smart with their choices, yours will definately be in there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is lovely too, hmm will have to friend connect you so I can visit more regularly, your work is beautiful, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails