Thursday, April 14, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 35

Hi all! I hope your week is going well. I've been a bit homesick and sad these past few days. I'm missing my family and friends back home...so I wasn't into my card making so much. This challenge is very timely because I don't like it when I stop for long periods of time. I lose my mojo that way. It was also a good day since my package from PTI came. Although I would have wanted a few more things...a lot of the items I wanted were out of stock. I've been waiting to get Postmarks since it came out. But since I never order during all the rush...I only got it now. Onto to our challenge, shall we? Here's another fabulous card to CASE this week from our very talented muse, Silke Ledlow.



Do you ever get all these wonderful ideas when a stamp set is just introduced, then when you finally have it, you have no idea what to do with it? Well, that's exactly what happened to me!!! So, I went in a different direction with my CASE this week. Instead of my usual girly cards...I decided I wouldn't use lace trims, doilies, paper flowers, ribbons...well...I did use some twine...but not in a girly way. :) I hope you like it! What do you think? I used Postmarks and Just the Ticket for my card. I was a mad stamper! Hee! I picked up stamp, after stamp, after stamp, and just went crazy stamping. I took the colors from the patterned papers and added a few neutral colors to balance things out. I really enjoyed making this, and I hope it inspires you to join us this week over at CASE Study Challenge. :)


This week's sponsor is By LORi Designs!!

LORi is generously offering a $10 Gift Certificate to the store, for one lucky winner.





Don't forget to check out the fabulous ladies on the design team. They've prepared a wonderful feast for the eyes! Here they are!









7 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! So jealous of your new PTI goodies... lol!
    Love the muted colours paired with bright pink, the dimension and how you made a really cool collage - you know you rock, g/f!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great card Jean! I love your take on Silke's cute card. All fresh and happy, and those Postmark stamps are so gorgeous! I'm itching to get my paws on them, but need to watch the credit card for a couple of months yet ;)
    TFS though, until I can get my next PTI fix! Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're homesick Jean...I hope that can be remedied soon!
    Love the direction of your card, you're right, it is not what you usually do, but I think it turned out beautifully! I have the same issue with stamps, it's almost like when you finally have them, the pressure's on and I know my mind goes blank! I think you've overcome that obstacle with these stamps wonderfully. Great job, great card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this... been itching to ink up this set and this is a great inspirational card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work, love the colors, love that stamp set, love everything about this wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I hear ya Jean, I have sooooo many stamp sets that I just had to have, then when they arrive they just gather dust! You have showcased this set beautifully! Just as well you have PTI packages to make you forget about your homesickness for a while! Hope this is just a small bump in the road, and you are back on track soon! {hugs} :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry GF...I totally missed commenting last week! I love this design...very cool! Matter of fact I love all your ideas :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails