Thursday, May 19, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 40

Hi bloggies! Whew it's been a busy day today. I had some time this afternoon to work on some DT cards that I needed to make for a few releases at the end of the month. I'm not a very fast worker when it comes to making my cards. And I don't usually make a sketch until I'm actually sitting down on my craft table. 






Shall we continue with this month's fantastic muse?! Here's Sarah's card for this week for CASE Study Challenge 40.



And here's mine. Someone mentioned today that they wished I would mention in more detail the supplies that I use on my cards. Unfortunately, you all know that I have a day job. I don't usually get back home until 7:30pm or 8:00pm. So I don't have a lot of time at night to work on my cards. Even writing my blog post takes time for me...so I'll try my best to mention as many supplies as I can. But if I miss anything, just leave me a message on the comments and I'll be sure to answer. :)

So, shall we begin? I used a mixture of stamps for this card. Let's start with Waltzingmouse Stamps...I used Text It for the text background and inked it with Frayed Burlap (Ranger). I also used Dainty Doilies 2 - Small in black Memento Ink. Not sure if you can see it peaking from under the gorgeous Prima flower. The sentiment is also from WMS, it's from their new release Say It Out Loud. The beautiful label stamp is from Just Rite Stamps, it's called Fancy Labels. It's the first time I've used their cling stamps, and I must say that the quality of the rubber is very good. The little flourish peaking out from the side is from Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink). 


Whew! That was long! Haha! I think it must take me 30 minutes just to make one blog post. lol! I realized after adhering the label that it seemed too big compared to the tag that Sarah used. But it was just too beautiful that I HAD to use it on this card. :) Whatcha think?! ;) I want to see what you make with this week's CASE Study Challenge. I'll see you over at the blog ok?! :)



Don't forget to check out the fabulous ladies on the design team. They've prepared a wonderful feast for the eyes! Here they are!









Teneale Williams - on break!

8 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, that is what I think. I love the layers and pretty flower. I know how long it takes to type up a post with all the links. It is hard to balance all your time between work and blog. You are doing great though. :)
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Jean! The way you've made the background somewhat muted and then added that bold ribbon/floral accent is so eye catching...and striking...and beautiful! I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! That variegated flower is amazing! I thought immediately of Fancy Flourishes when I saw Sarah's card, and I love how you combined it with those amazing doilies. Oh how I wish I could afford more WM stamps! Love this, Jean! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute gorgeousnes!!!! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean! Ha! We used the same stamps, lol! I *adore* this to pieces! The enlarged label is just perfect the way it is! I see the doilies peeking in... so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh..and another sigh....and another....I don't know what to write.My oh my oh my...I think this is one of your best cards ever...I agree with Kirsty; breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. jean, i love your prima flower! such a darling card:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails