Thursday, August 18, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 53

Hi bloggies I'm back! I would like to thank everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. My mom is safe and back home now. She undergoes physical and occupational therapies 3x a week. The doctor says that she'll be back to normal anywhere from 3-9 months. I'm hoping it's sooner. It's hard to see her so weak like that. :(


I came home with a bad back. It was already hurting a little when I went to the Philippines. I guess carrying my mom didn't help it at all. 'Coz now I have to see my doctor because it's really been killing me. I'm going to have a short post for today and I hope you don't mind. I can't sit long enough because of the pain but if you have questions about the supplies I've used just leave me a message and I'll make sure to answer.


Wow! I can't believe I've been gone a month! It felt foreign when I sat at my craft desk to make a card for CASE Study Challenge 53. This is my first card after weeks of not making any...I guess you could say I'm a little rusty. But I hope you like this! :)




This week we're CASEing our fearless and awesomely talented leader...Ms. Iwona Palamountain! Here's the card I chose to CASE. I just love the colors that Chupa used on this card. And I love how soft and feminine this feels.



Here's my take on this gorgeous card. I chose to CASE her layout. I also combined different stamps from different stamp companies on this one. I hope you like it! 




Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT has for you all! Come and play! :) See you there!


14 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news Jean, but how tough it must have been (and still is)on you. I'm so glad you are back here , and what a beautiful card too - amazing as always!
    hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm so glad you're back!! I'm glad to hear your Mum is on the mend, although it's not good news that you're now in the wars :( You'll have to concentrate on looking after yourself for a while now :)

    I really love your CASE. The patterns and embellishments work so well together and I really like the muted colours - gorgeous!

    I hope your back gets better soon so we can see more of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay you're back....missed you and your sweet cards! Glad to hear your Mum is on the mend...hope your back will be all better soon too. Love your CASE card.....that's the same card of Iwona's I chose to CASE....shows how we like the same style I guess...no surprise to me there. Cheers and enjoy being home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping by the time I'm writing this, your back behaves itself already! I know how it feels, it's the worst pain...
    I'm so glad to have you back, and to see your take on my card is such a treat! Everything about it is just stunning, I like it far more than mine, you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous job on this case!! So glad to have you back, and happy that your mom is on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Glad your mom is getting better and that your back heals too!
    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing and I know it for a fact! That was so sweet of you to run and help your mom. I am sure she was so happy to have you with her. I did the same thing to my back for the year I help my mom around. My back was a MESS! Try a chiropractor, it helped me tons.

    Your card is just as beautiful as always. I am glad to see you back and creating. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to hear your mom is home and with time will be back to normal!! Get to the doctor and have that back looked at!!! Card is gorgeous as always!! Love the black/white flower and the use of colors! Lace edge, sentiment panel, and bow/button combo is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back, Jean!! Oh, and what good news about your mom's recovery :) What a blessing you could go and be with her :) LOVE your first card back..mojo definitely alive and well :) Thanks again for the PTI set...it arrived and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, and if this is you rusty Jean then double wow! I really love grey at the moment and this beauty lets all the colours shine.

    Hope your back improves. It can be slow progress but take any help you can get and hopefully you will be on the mend soon. Great news about your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are back and you just made another handmade jewel!
    I am happy to hear your mother is slightly on the mend and I hope she will recover completely very soon.

    Take good care of yourself too; back pain is the worst...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! This doesn't look 'rusty" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I certainly don't see any rust with this card! It's absolutely beautiful! The stamps, the flourishes, the lace trim and twine...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful to have you back again Jean, definately hasn't been the same without your gorgeous creations!! Loving your come back card, you have captured the essence of Iwona's beauty and added your own unique flair!!
    Hope your back is much better now! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails