Thursday, September 15, 2011

2nd Post: CASE Study Challenge #57

***My WPlus9 September Release post is just down the road...scroll down to see it!***


It's half way through September already, and we're on our 3rd week for our September muse Julie Lacey. I hope you've enjoyed her wonderful inspirational cards these past few weeks. This week we're at CASE Study Challenge #57. And here's Julie's card for this week.





I love the colors she used for this one. Anything with kraft cardstock catches my eye instantly. And what better colors to pair it off than with gorgeous neutrals?! Isn't Julie a genius?! :)

Here's my version of Julie's card for this week. I'm still very much into Halloween cards this week and since I just got my WMS Halloween stamp sets in the mail, I wanted to get them inky. :) I actually used a combination of different stamps for this card. I'll tell you about them as we go along...


I have wanted that "window" since I first saw it over at Waltzingmouse Stamps. It just wasn't the right season at that time and so I held off buying it. I was actually very excited when I realized that I could finally get my hands on them. The wonderfully goth "window", stars and sentiment are from Midnight Feast. And the spooky owl is from Halloween Party Stamp.


One of my favorite crafty designers is Betsy Veldman, and I just love how she makes backgrounds using different stamps. I tried to make my own here using some Papertrey Ink stamps. I just love medallions, and these Mehndi Medallions are just beautiful. It was perfect for my goth "window". The spiderweb frame is from Friendship Jar Fall Fillers. It's just a small stamp that I used several times to make this frame.


I hope you like it and that I see you over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog this week! Don't forget to check out the other DT members! :)

7 comments:

  1. fabby spooky card...hope your day is wonderful!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...an elegant Halloween card!!! Love it Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jean...I love how you can turn whimsey elements into pure elegance! What a gift you have! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card, Jean! Isn't that window image great? I love how you paired the owl with it! This is a great Halloween creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, your cards always make me happy! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun Halloween card!! I love the colors!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun Halloween card...and the fact that you used a card/sketch with Kraft cardstock makes this card fit perfectly into our current challenge at The Kraft Journal! We'd love it if you would consider entering it for a chance to win! http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com/2011/09/make-it-monday-with-kraft-outlet-use.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails