Thursday, October 27, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 63

Greetings from the Philippines! I've been having a great time with my family so far. I've also been looking at some challenges online and am wishing I had my crafting supplies with me. lol! I was actually thinking of looking up and visiting some of the craft stores here. There are a few, but I think they sell the same thing we have in the US but a bit more expensive because it had to be shipped here. So I'm a bit skeptical about that...


Well, at least my blog won't be quite while I'm away. I'm back today for CASE Study Challenge 63. We have another beautiful card from our October muse Niki Estes. Here we go...



This one is a beauty! I just love it when backgrounds are made using regular stamps. In this case, Niki used a rose bud and stamped it several times to make her background panel. I CASEd her technique and did the same with mine.

I stamped the beautiful dogwood from Flora and Fauna I stamp set. It's one of my favorite WPlus9 sets, it's just soo beautiful! I layered it over some patterned paper and a light yellow cardstock for my card base. 


Instead of a flower in the middle I decided to go with a label and my sentiment. I used this cute label from Le Cirque, also from WPlus9 Stamps. The sentiment is from Mehndi Medallions. It's a pretty simple card, not too many layers. I kept it nice and soft instead using pastels.

Well, that's it for me today! Come join us at CASE Study Challenge! And don't forget to check out the other DT members! I'll have pictures from my trip for you soon! I'll be out of town with my family this long weekend. I'll see you all soon! 



2 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty, Jean. I love how you stamped the sentiment directly over the focal image. Hope you're having a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card--I love the colors you chose! That flower image is fabulous, too! Superb job! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails