Thursday, December 15, 2011

CASE Study Challenge 70

Hey there! Wow it's Thursday already! Wasn't it just the weekend a second ago? lol!
I've been reading almost on every blog I've been to that everyone is so busy for the holidays. Unfortunately, I just don't feel the spirit of it this year. I miss my family even though I just saw them a few weeks ago. I wish I could spend Christmas with them.
But do you know the cost of plane fare during this time of year?!?! They're insane!!! 

It's nice to hear that people are enjoying their Christmas preparations. It lightens up my mood, specially when I worry about my mom and how my family is doing. 

Well, enough of that! Let's get into something with a lighter mood shall we? How about CASE Study Challenge 70?! :) Yes, it's time for another CASE! And we have our ubberly talented December muse, Amy Sheffer! Here's her card for this week.


This one just takes my breath away. Amy is such a genius! It's so elegant and chic with the black and white...and the little pop of light blue peeking from the bottom. What an altogether, well put card. The colors from this card inspired me the most, as well as the repetitive stamping done on the cardstock panel. Here's my little tribute to this gorgeous card!


So...I added a little masking to my photos this time. What do you think? Is it better? Or do you prefer my previous pictures, all bright and light? Anyway, I an image from Santa's Coming to Town, from Waltzingmouse Stamps, to make the repetitive background for my main cardstock panel. I matted it with some black cardstock as well as a patterned paper from Recollections Naughty or Nice. 

I also added that gorgeous embellishment from Pink Paislee on the left side of the panel. I thought it made everything look a little more elegant.


I punched out a light gray circle and used an image from Flora and Fauna I from WPlus9. I love the barely there look it made. It's so pretty and soft that way. Then I used a sentiment from Very Vintage Greetings, also from WPlus9. I matted that with a doily die cut from Papertrey Ink. I tied some twine around the card and added a button and a butterfly for a little more blue. 


I hope you liked my card for this week. I'll see you over at CASE Study Challenge blog. Get inky with us! :) Thanks for stopping by! 


2 comments:

  1. girl, this is stunning...I adore your style...hope you have a super sweet day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to come up with a superlative appropriate for this beauty, Jean!! Utterly gorgeous doesn't even come close! I adore this top to bottom and it just warms my heart that my card was part of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails