Thursday, January 19, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 74

***The Craft's Meow Sketch Challenge is just below...scroll down to see!***


Hi there! It's my second post for the day! I hope I'm doing better and posting more these days. I just have those mojo-less days sometimes, where I just want to lie down on the couch and watch tv all night long. I almost forgot to send in one of my accepted cards for a magazine call. Goodness! 

Well, I was up late last night and was very inspired to make a card for CASE Study Challenge. Jen has me running for the hills with her CAS style! lol! If you haven't read my previous posts, I joined the CAS online class and have been trying my hand at CAS cards. It's really quite hard for me...I LITERALLY want to keep adding and layering stuff! 


Even with the CAS classes, I could help myself...my card for this week is not as "full" as I would usually make it...but it's not completely CAS either. I'll let you be the judge ok? Here's Jen's card for this week's CASE Study Challenge 74.

I just LOVE it! CAS or not! The patterns and the colors she used...this is such a fantastic card! I was inspired by the "patches" she used...so I made something of a patchwork design myself...


I used several patterned papers from some My Mind's Eye collections. I cut them into 1.25 inch cubes and adhered them and sewed them in place. I think it's super cute. Reminds me of a quilt for a baby. 


I stamped and hand cut these hearts from WPlus9's Heartfelt Mix. It does come with coordinating dies, but for this card I wanted it cut right at the edges so I just used my scissors instead. 


I also added some lace and some twine for a little bit more texture and "shabby chicness" to my card. Lately, I can't tell what my style of card making is anymore! It seems to be a combination of shabby chic and classy lately. I hope you like it though! 

Oh and I just wanted your opinion on something. I can't decide whether to post my pictures in the Large size of X-Large. For this post, I used X-Large. Is it too big? Or is it better so that the details are readily seen? Your thoughts? 

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you can join us for some inky fun over at CASE Study Challenge Blog. Don't forget to check out what the other ladies have for you! See you again! Enjoy the rest of your week. :)





8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love your take on the case card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre card is beautiful!!
    love the colours and stitching :)
    thanks for passing by!

    vera

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jean, I love the different patterned papers, and the stitched quilt feel to it. Beautiful lace too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this! The scrolly chipboard frame adhered off the edge and trimmed is fantastic, such a great look. A gorgeous card, Jean! I like my pictures the bigger the better, love to see the up close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we were both thinking quilt squares! Fabulous stitching and such a wonderful mix of textures. I think your pictures look fantastic on this post, and I always use X-Large myself, if that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the patchwork, lace, and hearts are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the patchwork and how you placed the die cut to one side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love the patchwork you did and those little hearts are so lovely. Nicely chosen colors too! Love it!

    Have a blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails