Thursday, April 26, 2012

Layering...

Hi! I took a little break from making cards these past few days in favor of vegging out in front of the tv. Lol! But I'm back! It's Thursday and time for CASE Study Challenge 88. It's the last week for our very talented muse, Laurie Schmidlin. She has one more card for us this week, and it just so happens to be one of my all time favorite Laurie cards! Yay! I was very excited when I saw it. 



Here's Laurie's stunning card. I've been taking the Cut Above Online Classes and just had a lesson about dry embossing a few days ago. I was really glad I could incorporate it here. 


Isn't her card so feminine and filled with so many interesting elements? When I first saw this, my breath literally caught in my throat and I stared at it for a while. When I saw that we were going to CASE it this month, I jumped at the chance to CASE all the beautiful elements that I love about this card.

Here's what I came up with. I really, really loved the dry embossed background panel Laurie used. And the fact that she inked it white too! It just pops out from the kraft card stock. I used my favorite Sizzix embossing folder for this part. And inked the raised edges when I was done. 



I didn't have that gorgeous ribbon that Laurie used on her card, so instead I just cut a strip of patterned paper (My Mind's Eye) and cut the edges. I made a seed pack cover using my Papertrey Ink stamp set and raised the flower with foam adhesive. I added the Martha Stewart butterfly on the side of my sentiment banner. And I wanted to add the tiny branches sticking out from underneath the butterfly. It's a punch I got from AC Moore. It's nice and intricate, although it couldn't cut heavy card stock.


I also found a roll of pompom ribbon/strips in AC Moore and added it underneath the seed packet cover to soften things up since I didn't use any ribbons in this project. Then I also punched the edges of the background panel and made those notches. I did it with a 5/8 circle punch since my SU punch was too small for this panel.


I love how this turned out! And really enjoyed making it. I hope you can join us this week for another round of CASE Study Challenge. I'll see you over at the blog! Thanks for visiting today! I'll be back in a day or two! 

Oops! I almost forgot!!! We have a sponsor this week! Yay!
We are happy to be sponsored again, by My Creative Classroom!!


My Creative Classroom is an online arts and crafts learning center. Our interactive and in-depth courses are instructor led and filled with wonderful projects and techniques to help you get the most out of your supplies. This Spring MCC will be offering over 100 courses. From the Cricut to Primas, to mixed media and rubber stamping, to scrapbooking, sewing and more; we have something for everyone. Don't miss out on some wonderful classes starting now:
We are excited to be sponsoring Case Study Challenge. You can view our entire class list on our website at My Creative Classroom. You can also view classes on our Facebook Page too!
One lucky winner will receive a free seat to a class of their choice.....Good Luck!






8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jean! Love the soft look and pretty stamps. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am smitten with your deeply embossed background-I may have trouble coming up with my own design after seeing this stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Jean! Your embossing looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the many elements you used together! I love the embossing and the fun trim and your fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, so beautifully made and very pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The same thing pops in my head when I enter you blog... Love, love, love! I LOVE everything you create! WOW you are just so talented and I adore you style. Like every card you have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so beautiful! And the little seed packet is too adorable. Really a stunner :-) I totally dig your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing in it's detail and layering!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails