Thursday, June 7, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 94

Hello friends! It's time for CASE Study Challenge 94. I know I was MIA last week so I didn't want to miss out on this one. We have a new Muse for the Month of June! Please help us welcome the very talented Joy Taylor!


I've managed to set up my little craft space in our new apartment. I'm still not used to the orientation of my craft supplies. But it's a brighter space and I'm so happy about it. And sorry my picture is lopsided. I just noticed it now! lol! 

Anyway, let's start with Joy's first card for this month.


This is such a sweet and simple card. I love all the dimensions on it and the layout as well. For my card, I used a similarly striped background in a different color and adhered an embossed banner to it. I changed things up a little and decided to add a fence at the bottom of the card. I just wanted it to feel like the berries were fresh off of a farm.


And instead of a rosette, I die cut a doily and placed it at the center of the banner. I'm still so excited about the new WPlus9 stamp sets that I wanted to use it for this card. I die cut the leaves, berries and jar and stamped the coordinating images on them. Then I inked the edges and piled everything over one another.


The die cuts were adhered on different levels to bring out the dimension that Joy had on her lovely card. And you know me, I LOVE to layer. I wanted to put some ribbon on it, but then it started to look top heavy. So I decided to keep it simple this way.


If you have some inky time on your hands this week please come and play over at CASE Study Challenge. We have a sponsor this week...so prizes!!! Check out the deets over at the challenge blog. Thanks for stopping by today. I'll see you again soon! 







3 comments:

  1. Какая прелесть! дизайнерская работа!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fruit/jam die cuts on this Jean - and your fence is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card, Jean! Those berries are totally cute, and the fence looks great with them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails