Thursday, June 14, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 95

Hi everyone! After all the hustle and bustle of moving and having a guest stay over last weekend, it seems that my immune system has succumbed to all the stress. I'm sick with a very bad cold that just won't go away. I feel so tired even if I'm not doing much, I guess it's from all the coughing and the congestion. Hopefully this weekend I can get a break and have some nice, relaxing quiet time. 



I have another card for you today. It's for CASE Study Challenge 95. Our muse for this month is none other than the very talented Joy Taylor


For this week's CASE Study Challenge, I incorporated Joy's layout into my project. I wanted to use this stamp set after seeing her inspiration card for this week. I used Simply Jane stamp set and dies. And the sentiment is from Star Prints.


Instead of using just a flower, like Joy did, I die cut this window and stamped this intricate image on it. Then I die cut the silhouette of a couple and adhered it in the center of the frame. I added a flower and some buttons to embellish the frame.


I know there wasn't any lace on Joy's card. But I wanted my style to come out a bit even if I was casing a CAS card. It's actually fun trying to make CAS a little shabby chic. :) 


I'll be seeing you over at the CASE Study Challenge blog! Come and play! Thanks for stopping by today! :)


2 comments:

  1. Both are lovely cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on Joy's CAS design, Jean! I love how you've adorned that pretty frame with the flower and buttons and added lace to give it your signature style. Hope you can get some rest and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails