Thursday, July 26, 2012

CASE Study 101



Hi there! I'm back! I was MIA for a few days to rest after last week's busy release for The Craft's Meow. I hope you all enjoyed that and have happily shopped to your heart's content. Today I have a card for CASE Study Challenge101. We have another beautiful card from Kristii Lockart.


I just love the doily stamps on the the Kristii's kraft card base. So I started with that as my inspiration. I took the largest doily image from WPlus9 Damask Doilies and stamped it three times on my kraft card base. Of course I can't just ignore that gorgeous bunch of flowers and that sweet bird so I incorporated it into my card as well.


I've been seeing a lot of banners used on cards lately and I think it's such a beautiful touch. I cut out some strips of patterned paper and snipped the edges to make the banners. Then I attached it to the left side of the card. 


I wanted to continue with the doily theme, so I due cut a doily and attached a circle die cut in the center. Then I added a die cut branch and stamped the coordinating image on it from WPlus9 Love Birds. I used my Distress Ink Markers to color in the stamp. 

To top it off I added these cute little bird die cuts from WPlus9 Folk Art Florals Die. Afterwards, I thought something was missing on the left side. So I added a felt flower and a mulberry paper flower to balance things off. 



That's all I have for you today! I'll be back later on this week for a few more challenges. There's another release coming up soon for one of my DT spots, so keep a look out for it! Please join us over at CASE Study Challenge. I really, really love all the inspiration that you bring with your gorgeous projects! Thanks for stopping by today! 


9 comments:

  1. Wow, is this ever perfect or what, Jean! I love the layering and use of colors! So many eye candy in one card! Beautifully-inspired work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the doilies stamped on the background and the great dies - the printed paper fancy circle one is so perfect and the trim is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, there are so many gorgeous elements going on here, I don't know where to start! The vintage feel, shabby chic look, all the die cut outs ~ oh myyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful interpretation! I love the way you layer, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your card! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the banners and soft colors, Jean! The felt flower is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card! Those birds are too sweet and may need to jump into my shopping cart during the next WPLUS9 release! Love your felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Jean. Love the darling birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this???? Absolutely gorgeous girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails