Thursday, July 5, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 98

Hi there! I'm sorry if I haven't been posting so much lately. As you know, my nephew is spending the summer with us and so we're always off somewhere with him. I have had very little crafting time these past few days. We're also off for vacation this coming weekend. We're going on our annual New Port trip and we won't be back until Monday evening. 

Can you believe it's July already? Days are just going by so fast! Since it's a new month, we also have a new muse! Please help us welcome the very talented Kristii Lockart. I am a fan of Kristii's work and I'm so, so happy that she's with us this whole month! Here's her inspiration card for this week's challenge.


I love Kristii's layout and decided to use that as my point of inspiration. I also took some of the colors and added a few of my own. I just love this new set by Amy Wanford, Oh Deer, from The Craft's Meow. I combined it with Thanks Bee to Thee, from Nina B Designs, also from The Craft's Meow.


I stamped the hexagon images from Thanks Bee to Thee, onto a panel of vintage cream cardstock. Then I cut out a circle from it with a Spellbinders' die. I cut out some of the hexagons and raised it with foam tape for dimension.


The sweet little deer and the sentiment are both from Oh Deer. I stamped the image, colored it in with Copics and also adhered it with foam tape. I changed the layout a bit and added a strip of Summer Sunrise Gingham patterned paper on the bottom. I also added ribbon and flowers to add a little feminine touch to my card.


Make sure to stop by CASE Study Challenge Blog for more inspiration. Please join us for some inky fun this week! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your week! I'll see you again! :)


12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jean...your coloring skills are amazing and your photography skills are over the top genius! The colors pop wonderfully and the hexagon background really makes the deer stand out. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your card...great photo too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I've been trying out different ways to take my pictures. There's no secret with this though...I just took it with daylight lighting. It seems to work the best. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Jean, you were inspired! LOVE everything about this beautiful card! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Jean! This is just too gorgeous! LOVE those hexagons and Aimes' sweet little deer...this may be my favourite card of yours...well, this moment for sure, there are so many :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean this is *adorable*!!!! I love what you've done with my deer - she's beautiful! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Jean! I love how you stamped the hexagons and then cut it with a circle die! So pretty! Love the deer and the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so adorable!! I love the deer & the sentiment. and the hexagons are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you stamped the hexagons and then, die cut...the popped up ones add a little something! Gingham and ribbon/ flower combo is perfect! Not, to mention the sweet deer and sentiment! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so bright with the yellows Jean! love the hexagon filled circle, the cute deer and lovely ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great case. Love the colour and the die's. Great hexagons!Your embellishments are just lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little deer is so cute! I had to laugh when I first saw your card, because my first attempt at this CASE was using these same hexagons, but it didn't work out for me. Love how you popped some of them up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails