Thursday, July 12, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 99


Hi there! I have been busy, busy, busy. We just got back from our short vacation to Newport and we hit the ground running as soon as we got to work. I'm really glad for the small crafty breaks, it's really great for decompression. 

Well, we're back again this week for another round of CASE Study Challenge. We're at CASE Study Challenge 99. Can you believe that?! One more and we're at 100!!! This month's muse is none other than the fabulous Kristii Lockart. I'm a fan and I've really been enjoying CASEing her work. Here's her inspiration card for this week's challenge.


Here's my take on this beautiful card from Kristii. I picked up some of the colors she used on her card as well as a little bit of the layout she used and came up with this. I was also inspired by the thread spool she has on her card and decided to break out my TCM stamp sets. For my card, I used Sew Happy and Sew Lovely.


I stamped two main images from both sets, cut them out and inked the edges. I adhered them over some patterned papers that I put together and a strip of lace I sewed on. After that I decided that it was missing a ribbon. So I ran an aqua ribbon through the tag and tied a bow on the upper left corner.


Again, something seemed to be missing from the right side. So I die cut this flower from felt and sewed on the circle and button. This was actually light blue in the beginning. But it was much darker than I wanted, so I painted over it and put some glitter as well. I think it all worked out in the end. :)


Instead of adding a die cut border to the top of my card, I stamped these buttons from Sew Lovely and sewed them on side by side. I absolutely love to do this with these images. If you've been following me, I'm sure you've seen me do this before. :)


Well, that's all I have for today. It's going to be a busy month preparing for the releases and hops I'll be joining next month. Hopefully, I'll still be able to chug out cards and join in some of my favorite challenges. Thanks for stopping by today. Please join us over at CASE Study Challenge Blog for some inky fun. I truly love seeing your work over there. Sooo much inspiration! Thanks! :)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Jean! I love your use of these colors and all of the sewing-themed elements. Your painted felt flower is super cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jean. Love the sewing theme... the stitched buttons look great on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jean. Love this set and how you used the buttons...too cute! :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! Everything is sooo wonderful....from the border across the top to the sewing elements and fabulous ribbon, the flower blinged out, pom poms, and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails