Thursday, August 23, 2012

CASE Study 105 - CASE a Player


Hi there! I know I've been MIA of late, I was just resting from an overload of card making. lol!  But I'm back and totally inspired by this week's challenge. Welcome to CASE Study Challenge 105. And this week's assignment is to CASE a Player! One thing is for sure, it's the players that make the challenge site. So, to give a BIG thank you to our players we would love to CASE your work this time! 


I have sooo many favorite players. It was so hard to choose who to CASE. But I came down to a few and finally decided on one. Would you like to take a guess as to who this beautiful artwork is from?


This beauty is from none other than the very, very talented Anja Curvers!!! This card is from THIS post. I'm a regular stalker at Anja's blog...heehee. I absolutely love her work. Every project has me going ooooh and aaaahhhh. And this one is no different. Here's my take on Anja's card.

I LOVED this card so much that I didn't want to change much from it. The layers and textures were perfect and I tried to bring that out in my card. I embossed my kraft panel just like Anja's. Then I die cut the smaller patterned paper panels and adhered them according to Anja's layout. I used Sending You from PTI for the centerpiece of the card.


I die cut the flower using Beautiful Blooms II #1 die. Then I stamped the floral image from Sending You. I also stamped the leaves. I chose two different kinds of leaves and combined them to frame the flower.


The sentiment is also from Sending You. I stamped it on a strip of vintage cream cardstock and cut it out to make it into a banner strip. I also punched out some butterflies from a Martha Stewart punch and spread them out evenly. 


Instead of a ruched ribbon, I used a Martha Stewart edge punch on a strip of patterned paper and adhered it on the top of the central panel. Then I tied some twine around it. And instead of a flower, I used a felt die cut and layered a tag over it from Tiny Tags, also from PTI.


Well, that's all I have for today. Hopefully I can crank more cards out and join some of my favorite challenges. I would LOVE to see who you CASEd for this week's challenge. I'll see you over at CASE Study Challenge Blog! Thanks for stopping by today!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, wow you've rocked my day Jean thank you very much for all your nice words . You make me blush. I love, love your take on my card and feel very honored that you picked one of my cards from all those talented players you see each week over at CSC. I like your card more then mine it's in complete harmony as all of your work.
    Thanks and sweet hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used. It would definitely make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jean! Your cards always have such a great combination of layers and textures and extra special details - I love the double layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Love the twine and tag at the top, the gorgeous flowers and using two different kinds of leaves is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful take on Anja's card, I can see why you stalk her! I lov the warm mellow tonws, and the clever layering, a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stop staring at your card. I have saved it so I can CASE it later. I struggle with this style and am trying to figure it out. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails