Thursday, August 9, 2012

CASE Study 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop - Week 2

***Looking for my WPlus9 Group Post? Please scroll down!***


Hi there! Didn't I say August was going to be busy?! It's been a whirlwind of stamps and inks around here. lol! It's also CASE Study's 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop - Week 2! For this week our challenge is: Thinking Out of the Box. I have been racking my brain ever since I got this assignment. Chupa said we shouldn't stress about it, but I was clueless! lol! 


Welcome to the blog hop! If you just came from Christina's blog then you are in the right spot! If not, please head on over to CASE Study Challenge Blog and start there. 

I've actually been working on some baby shower invites for a friend. And while making them I finally had an idea for my project. I don't usually do 3D projects, packaging or sets. But I saw a beautiful baby announcement that Ashley Newell made for PTI in this post. I thought I'd use the glassine bag idea for my project. But instead of a baby announcement, I made a small treat bag.


All stamps and dies are from PTI. I die cut the Fine Linen patterned paper with the Button Card Die to make my background panel. Then I die cut the circle and pinking circle using Limitless Layers. The hippo is from Tremendous Treats: Birthday. I stamped it twice, colored it and layered the head piece using foam tape.


On the bottom, I used Script Alphabet Dies to make the word baby out of some My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I adhered it over a strip of lace and felt. It's a pretty simple and easy project. I bet you could think of a lot of uses for this idea. It was so much fun making it! And I love the results! :)


I hope you like my Thinking Outside the Box project. It has a lot of possibilities, don't you think? :) If you're done here you can head on over to Iwona "Chupa" Palamountain's blog. Prizes are being offered up at the blog, so make sure you get the deets! :)

Prizes:
There She Goes - $15 Gift Certificate
Jay Gee's Nook - "Doodle Flowers" Stamp Set from Jane's Doodles
AnnaBelle Stamps - $15 Gift Voucher








60 comments:

  1. Fabulous and sweet, it couldn't bet any better my friend!! You should definitely do more packaging in the future... :) I hope to get better at that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty pink baby card :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little gift bag, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, love baby related stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Jean! You always inspire me to think outside MY box, but this one is definitely INside for me. I do a lot of baby things and this suits me to a T. Just adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love that hippo and tre paper choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet, sweet project! I love the extra dimension you've given that sweet hippo!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card, the colors are so soft and lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project and all of the great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soft and lovely were my words too! this is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and creative Jean! love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable Hippo....fabulous colors....wonderful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a very cute hippo! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this, Jean...what a cool way to think out of the box :) I don't do 3D much too but it is fun and totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute! That little hippo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How darling...and I love the bit of lace. Perfect!! Lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. adorable card. i love the baby cutout and the puffy head. very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that is one very adorable treat bag...love the hippo image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ADORABLE and what a great job! Thanks for the fun and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great treat bag! Love the soft colors, the brilliant use of dies and the lace by to mention the coloring. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a super cute treat bag! I think if your freind sees those ... you may be making some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is super adorable, love that you used a bag and that wonderful baby word cut-out

    ReplyDelete
  23. This couldn't get any cuter than this.. lovely bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A super sweet project!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a sweet treat bag I also think you'll be making more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant idea, and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, this is so adorable! The felt and lace with that font...just perfect! That hippo is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jean, this is adorable! Love the colours and lace and the hippo image is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything about this card is fantastic - love the design, the colors, stamp, texture - totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a darling bag. The image is so sweet and I love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is absolutely darling! Love your 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gorgeous project. such pretty layers

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a lovely and sweet project! Great idea! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love, love this project! Pretty colors, cute stamp, great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness, I love that wee hippo, and the lovely script die. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww, this is soo sweet. Great idea. Cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just love this sweet card - I never realsised it before now, but that 'baby' die has to go on my "need-this" list straight away ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jean I have admired your cards for sometime and today's card is splendid as well. Your ability to layer elements that give a very feminine vintage feel is outstanding. I have never seen a card maker do this so well as you. Hats off to mastering the art of creative cardmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  39. such a sweet baby card
    Barbara Bird
    MdStrwbery@aol.com
    Mdstrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a creative idea for an invite...love it

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh! so soothing and soft...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is just so cute that I can't stop looking at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG...Your card is sooooooooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my!!! What a darling treat bag. It's soooo gorgeous with the yummy colors and all the fun dies and stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love it! The glassine bag is so sweet and delicate: love the colours and the die cut letters: it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lovely card! The hippo is very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow - you need to come to my party!!!! Such a great treat bag. So soft and pretty and I'm sure it would be a great hit at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Adorable, love how you stamped the hippo!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Adorable baby card! Sweet hippo and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is such a sweet treat bag. The hippo is just too adorable paired with that beautiful lace!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is so very, very sweet hun..
    totally adorable..

    Hugs to you,
    Krafty Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails