Thursday, August 16, 2012

CASE Study 2nd Anniversary - Case a DT


Hello there! Welcome back! It's going to start to be busy here again, so hang on! :)
How fun was last week's CASE Study Challenge?! I have to say it was really great! It's not all the time that we're forced to step out of our comfort zones. And yet, did you see all the wonderful project submissions?! I was totally overwhelmed. Well, August is not over just yet. This week, we have another wonderful challenge. We get to CASE our DTs! Yay! So pick a DT and a favorite project and let's roll up our sleeves! :)

For my project this week I decided to CASE Debby. I'm still in the "Think Outside the Box" mode, so I decided to go in a totally different direction than what I would normally choose. I really admire people who can pull off gorgeous CAS cards. And one of those special ladies is our ubberly talented Debby Hughes. Here's her card that I CASEd.


And since it IS a challenge, I wanted to CASE a CAS card and make it my own somehow. So here's my version of a "Shabby CAS"! :) 


Do you ever notice that your style changes gradually over time? Well, I noticed that my cards lately have been less layered and less embellished than before. I sometimes call it "Clean" Shabby Chic. What do you think?

I stayed within Debby's layout and added a little bit of me in it! :) Instead of just baker's twine, I added crocheted lace, ribbon, a button and some flowers.


I also added a little embellishment to my main sentiment. I used one of the Fancy Tags from Spellbinders and used is as a mat for my label. The label and sentiment stamps are from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Fancy Phrases. The polka dot background underneath the circle window is also from WMS, Gingham and Co. The blue flower is from PTI, Pretty Peonies


Ready to CASE one of the DT members? I would love to see what you make of this challenge! See you over at CASE Study Challenge Blog! Thanks for stopping by today. And please come back regularly to check in...I have more cards to share with you this week! See you again!





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, just amazing... sigh. I ADORE the homespun look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jean I love your take! Your card is totally deliciously you and yet I can feel my vibe in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Jean, this is lovely! The gingham, the color choices, the beautiful peony...wonderfully CASEd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful...love the color choices, patterns, texture...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails