Thursday, September 6, 2012

CASE Study 107


Hello there! I'm sorry it's been quiet around here. But I have a very good excuse! I just got my Silhouette Cameo a few days ago and I have been trying to find my way around it. YES! I finally gave in and bought one. Heehee. 

I have also been practicing my Adobe Illustrator skills. I'm a little rusty from non-use. lol.
I want to make my own designs in AI so I can use it on the Silhouette too. :)

We have a new Muse this week in CASE Study Challenge. And the reason I brought up my Silhouette is that our new muse has a line of digital stamps! And I wanted to use my Silhouette Cameo to cut them out! :) 

Our Muse needs no introduction whatsoever because you ALL know her very well. She is none other than Torico!!! Yay! I have been in awe of her hand carved rubber stamps and designs for quite a while now. So it was absolutely wonderful to find out that she's going to be our muse this month of September! 



Since I've been babbling on here, I'll get right to my card for this week and will try to keep things short. Here we go...


I chose to CASE Torico's layout and then add a bit more layers to it. I used her digital stamp set called Moo Moo. The set is absolutely adorable. I'll be using it again and other digital stamp images in the next few weeks. 


So I printed out the cow and fence images. Then in the Silhouette Studio, I traced around the edges, made an offset edge and made that my cutting area. Afterwards, I colored the images in with Copic markers.


I'm still waiting for my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition to arrive in the mail along with other accessories. Once I have that I can make more detailed cut lines for these digital images. So head on over to Torico's Etsy Shop and grab a stamp set and join us for CASE Study Challenge 107. Of course you can use whatever stamp sets/supplies you want. But wouldn't it be fun to use one of Torico's digital stamps? :)

See you over at CASE Study Challenge Blog

Ooooh! I almost forgot!!! Please help us welcome our September Guest Designers! They are among my list of FAVORITE crafters in blog land. Please give a warm round of applause for Anja Curvers and Vickie Zimmer!







7 comments:

  1. Jean I am in LOVE with what you did! Fantastic. Now I just need you to come to play at my house and show me how to do that with my Silhouette. Sound good? Love your card and I love Torico's new digi set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous of the Silhouette! I have a Cricut, so I can't justify the expense of two, but they look pretty cool, and this card is so fun. LOVE the expression on the cow and that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card as always Jean. And thank you very much for the welcome can't believe I'm guest designing love it. Hope I'll have a great time.
    Love, love that moo-moo image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too darn cute girl! Love it. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite possibly the cutest card I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious wittle cow!!! ;) I love this scene you've created Jean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Jean! This card makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails