Thursday, September 13, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 108


Hello friends! I know, I know...I've been MIA AGAIN!!!! I have been glued to my computer for days now. I've been relearning Adobe Illustrator so I can use it on my Silhouette Cameo. I've always loved playing around with it. And when I get into it, it's very hard for me to just stop. So please excuse me if I'm in and out of here from time to time. 


So, enough of that, and let's get to what we have for today! Welcome to CASE Study Challenge 108! We have more of Torico this week. Here's her card for this week.


This is absolutely adorable!!! Her designs are just amazing. Last week I used her digital stamp set called Moo Moo from Birdie Brown. When I saw this card, I knew that her Moo Moo stamp set would be perfect for it. I actually saw what I wanted to do in my head in an instant and sat down and started working on it. And here's what I came up with.


I printed out the images from the Moo Moo stamp set and ran it through my Silhouette. I've already saved the cut file for the set so it was pretty easy to work with afterwards. Then I colored in the images with my Distress Ink Markers and Copics. 

When I saw Torico's card with the die cut circle in the middle, the first thing I wanted to do was to stamp a sunrise in it. So I grabbed some sun images from my WPlus9 stamp sets, A Pocketful and Super Star and stamped them one over the other.


I placed the fences side by side and adhered a strip of die cut grass over it. Then I placed my cute cow couple in the middle. For my sentiment, I die cut and stamped this cute image from Papertrey Ink, Fabulous Frames and tucked it under the grass strip.


I hope you enjoyed that! And I would LOVE to see your work over at CASE Study Challenge! Please make sure to check out what the other CASE girls have for you this week. Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you again! :)





12 comments:

  1. I love your cards! they are bright and cheerful, have awesome details! this one just amazed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just had to pop by and say this is gorgeous and so cuuuuute! Hmmm you are another designer who is seriously making me think about the silhouette ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE it Debby. Haven't used it enough...but LOVE it!!! :)

      Delete
  3. This is just adorable and SO perfectly executed! Love the images and the coloring and the layers and papers, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is amazing love it love that moo moo stamps as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS SO CUTE!!!!! And the digital stamps are just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Great work on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable, Jean! Did you make the cut files yourself? I wouldn't have any idea how to do that, but it sounds very cool! Love the look of the layered sun images, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Christina, I made the cut files myself. It's pretty easy using the trace and offset functions of the Silhouette Studio.

      Delete
  8. This card is sooooooo delightful and makes me smile!! Love your coloring and mixture of papers! You ROCKED this Case Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gracious! This is just beyond precious, Jean! LOVE those chubby cows, and your layered sun is just as gorgeous as the first time I saw it! LOVE!

    Hey, and thank you for the super sweet comment you left on my blog today. You're a doll! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails