Thursday, October 11, 2012

CASE Study 112


Hello! Hello! I've been MIA again. Sorry. Was busy with an illustration project I was making for a friend. It's my other hobby, and I'm trying to work at it more. I'm usually more than happy to take on favors from my friends because it gives me direction while I'm practicing. Now I just have to find the time and figure out how to juggle everything all together. :) 


Welcome to CASE Study 112! Let's welcome back our October muse, the amazing Miss Julie Stainton. Here's what she has for us this week.


Julia has this amazing ability to combine elements and make them all shine. I just love it! Here's what I came up with...

My PTI order just came in the mail. OF COURSE I had to tear into it and make something. I've been trying to build my Christmas cards for this coming holidays. So I chose the holiday stamps and die to use for my card. 

I put together some patterned papers.Then I stamped Santa, from Santa Stationery, onto some Vintage Cream cardstock then hand cut it. I adhered it over the tag that I die cut.  I tied a ribbon around the main panel of my card. Then I attached the tag under the ribbon. I stamped the seal and punched it out. Then I attached it to the ribbon and put a mini clothes pin to finish it off.


For my little sentiment, I stamped this adorable label in a soft gray tone and stamped my sentiment in brown. I just love gray and brown together! Ooooh!!! Did I tell you that I finally found a gray ink that made me happy?!?!?! It's Soft Granite from Hero Arts. The color is exactly what I wanted and it stamps sooo smoothly! I am so going to try their other colors! :) 


I thought the bottom looked empty. So I heat embossed the border stamp in white. It didn't completely fit the width of the panel but it doesn't matter. I thought it looks good right where it is. :)
 

Please join us over at CASE Study for some friendly competition and a whole lot of inspiration! Check out what the other DT girls have for you this week! See you again soon! :)






6 comments:

  1. I wish my kids were still little...this is such a cute card and I would have loved to make them cards to send to Santa. Great job on this one Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love how you used non-Christmas papers for this, and the white embossing along the bottom looks great. Thanks for the tip on the gray ink, too, I've been looking for some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Jean! I just love the sweet Santa tag, and the stamped border along the bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Santa tag(s) are fabulous with bow/twine/clothespin!! Papers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!
    Thanks for the inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails