Thursday, October 4, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 111


Hello there! Sorry I'm late! My hand wasn't feeling very good yesterday and so I wasn't able to make a card. But here it is today. Because I absolutely cannot miss this! Welcome to CASE Study Challenge 111. We have a NEW October muse! Please help us welcome Julia Stainton! Our fearless leader has brought out the big guns. lol!


I am absolutely sure you all know who Julie Stainton is. I have been in awe of her creations ever since I started crafting. And I love seeing them in the magazines that I subscribe to. Let's get on with it then since I'm absolutely LATE!!! Here we go! Julia's beautiful inspiration card for the week.


I used Julia's layout as the inspiration for my card. I've been trying to make Christmas cards recently so I'll have enough by December. I grabbed my The Craft's Meow stamps and started stamping. I used The Merry Best and Vintage Snowflakes.

I stamped and heat embossed the snowflakes to mimic the embossed flowers and ribbons on Julia's card. Then I stamped the trees from The Merry Best and hand cut them. I adhered them in a bunch on the left side of my card.


I stamped my sentiment from The Merry Best on a strip of vintage cream cardstock and sewed the top and bottom. I adhered it with foam tape. Then I added this beautiful snowflake from Silhouette America online store. To add a little color to the white snowflake, I adhered a button on top of it.


We also have a new Guest Designer! Please help us welcome Jeanne Jachna. She's also a Mischief Maker like me! I'm soooo happy she's here with us! I hope you have the time this week to join us in a little inky competition! Good luck and see you at CASE Study Challenge Blog! :)




8 comments:

  1. I have this stamp set (Merry Best) and it never looks this good when I use it! Love your card, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!! Think this is as close as you get to CAS and it's so perfect!!! Loved your WPlus9 release cards too!!! Sorry to hear the hand is still giving you troubles...have you been to the doc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Vickie I haven't :( I know I should. I was waiting until this week was over to see if it would go away. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. LOVE your card, Jean - there's just something about snowflakes, and these are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is pure gorgeousness! I love the stacked trees and the snowflakes on the kraft! Oh just loveeeeee it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous card Jean! I love those snowflakes, the detail is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect! I hope your hand is feeling better today, don`t leave it too long before having it checked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, somehow I'd missed that your hand had been bothering you. Any idea what's causing it? I have carpal tunnel that flares up periodically, especially when I've been painting, hand stitching, or fussy cutting a lot. I hope you get it sorted out and feel better soon!
    Your card is so beautiful! I love the winter scene with the white embossing and stitched sentiment panel. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I just absolutely love your card ! I love the snowflake and white against the craft and green ! so prettyyyyy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails