Thursday, November 8, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 116


Hi there! Yay! I'm back! I had such an extended vacation. It was wonderful and I couldn't complain, there were worse places to get stuck in right? My dh and I loved Hawaii so much that we want to go back. Coming back was a little different though. It's a good thing there's power in our area. But the lines just to get gas is horrendous. And now this snow storm, that was supposedly just rain mixed with a little snow that would surely melt. Boy did they make a wrong forecast! Snow is thick and the roads are dangerous to travel on. :(  I really hope everything gets better by the weekend.



Let's get into something lighter and more fun shall we? Welcome to CASE Study Challenge 116! We have a new muse for this month, the very sweet and talented Miss Angeline Yong. I have always loved her CAS style. I think she's one of the first few crafters I started "following". It's wonderful to have her here on CASE Study Challenge! Here's her card for this week!


It's been a while since I made a card. I had a bit of a hard time looking for my inky mojo. So I hope you'll all still like my submission for this week. I felt totally rusty while I was making this! lol! Here we go...

I absolutely loved the distressed feel of Angeline's main card panel. So I chose a piece of patterned paper that had a distressed feel to it too. 

I used Vintage Snowflakes from The Craft's Meow on my card. I randomly stamped the images all over the patterned paper. For the others, I heat embossed them in white. I wanted to make a one layered card and yet give it a textured feel so that it wouldn't be so flat. And just in case you were wondering...yes I did make that "mistake" on purpose...I made two of the snowflakes "merge". I wanted to continue the distressed look there too.


Again, trying not to leave the card too flat, I added some rhinestones and pearls.


We have a sponsor for this challenge! Yay! Clearly Besotted is giving a way a stamp set for a lucky winner this week! So send in those entries for a chance to win! Grab your stamps and start getting inky! Good luck! See you over at CASE Study Challenge! And I just have to say, I'm so glad to be back doing this! :)



8 comments:

  1. it's so purtee. The colors, the texture, the stamp set all a glorious mix of gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! love the vintage feel of this card!! and that bling in all the right places...just awesome!!

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're home safe and sound, Jean! But keep well at home, too! Gosh, there's so much devastation on the east coast. Your card is just gorgeous! LOVE those layered patterns and snowflakes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's baaaaack!! Lovely card! Love the texture you added with the embossing, bling, and pearls!! No MOJO lost from where I'm looking! Hope you still have electricity and the snow is melting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Jean! Loving those stamped snowflakes, and the gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I LOVE this Jean! so pretty and speaks of the season so perfectly! send it to me! send it to me! hehe Truly is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails