Thursday, November 29, 2012

CASE Study Challenge 119


I've been trying out what I've learned from my online card classes. These paper ornaments are worth all the time it takes me to make one. And it does take TIME to make one. Today, I used them as decorations for the little photo shoot that I did for my card for CASE Study Challenge 119. I'm planning on making more for our Christmas tree. As well as trying to make bigger ones that are free standing. 

I wonder how long that will take me? lol. :)

Let's get to the card that I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge 119. The inspiration from my card is based off our November muse, Angeline Young's card. Here it is...


I took the idea of the spiral baker's twine and made something round for my card as well. I made a paper rosette from patterned paper. I don't usually make them because I find it so hard to keep it still while I'm trying to put it together. 

Well, while I was making it, I grabbed the cover of one of my button containers. Luckily the rosette fit inside it! So I placed it in there to dry before attaching the circles above and below it to keep it in its rounded shape.

I stamped this beautiful lantern image from Waltzingmouse Stamps Little Lanterns and layered it above the rosette. I was going for a "cool" Christmas card, so I chose some light and cool colors.

For the background panel of the card, I picked out a teal-gray colored patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. Then I heat embossed some snowflakes from an old Stampin' Up set called Serene Snowflakes. I'm not sure if they still carry the wooden stamps for these.

 I tied a ribbon and placed it beside the rosette. I also added a mini pom-pom trim underneath it. Although now that I think about maybe I shouldn't have done that because you can't see it at all.

Anyway, I also attached a little tag with a sentiment from Compliments of the Season Two. Also from Waltzingmouse Stamps

Not sure if it's visible, but I tried putting Enamel Accent dots by the smaller snowflakes. I don't think it turned out so well. I have crafty friends who are absolute experts with these things. I wish I could make them look half as great! :)

Okay! That's it for me! I have one more post later on so please check it out! :) I would love to see what you do with the inspiration for this week. Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study Challenge





2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love that you did a riff on those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I saw it on Pinterest and just had to comment on it! I love the little lantern in the rosette with your beautiful snowflakes in the bg! And the colors are so lovely and serene!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails