Thursday, January 10, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 123


For the last two weeks we had CASE Study 122 over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog. The holidays are finally done and we're back on our regular schedule. I am so excited this month because one of my favorite card makers/crafters is going to be our January muse! It's none other than Amber Kemp-Gerstel


She's bringing in the new year with CASE Study Challenge 123! And here is her absolutely fabulous inspiration card.


Here's my take on Amber's card. You know I can't make a flat card to save my life. lol! So I took the falling hearts inspiration and put a little twist to it. And yes, I am using the same Chevron background stamp and chevron ribbon that I used in last week's card. I HAD NO IDEA until it was up! Haha. It just goes to show how much I love the two combined! :)


These stamps and die are all from PTI. Inks are all Hero Arts Shadow Inks. Patterned papers are from MME. 

 I just got the Scattered Showers stamp set and die last week. YES, I JUST got it. Heehee. It has been on my wish list since it came out and for some reason it was pushed down the list all the time. This time, I finally got it and I'm so glad I did because it was perfect for this card! :)


To all the CAS lovers out there, this is a perfect inspiration challenge for you. And for those who love layers like me...well...that's why they call it a challenge! :) So come and have a little fun with us this week. Please join us over at CASE Study Challenge Blog!



11 comments:

  1. Jean this is gorgeous! That set has been on my wish list forever too. I love the colours and your oh so fantastic layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning so much from you about combining patterns. The most striking thing about this card to me is the combination of chevron stripes. (I know you used the same combo on another project recently because it also jumped off the page to me) I too was slow getting the Scattered Showers stamps and dies, and this is great motivation to use them for a Valentine project. I always enjoy seeing your projects, Jean, this one is extra-special-inspiring! Thanks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love this card, so sweet! Love the chevron pattern up top and that great May Arts ribbon and of course the raining hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek I love this Jean! Such a fun mix of colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card! the best for me in this 123 challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence that both you and Amber decided to use an umbrella in your CASEd cards! I love the chevrons and the pretty colors you have used in the ribbon embellishment, it looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this card ! Seriously, I could gaze at it for hours! I love the colours,the layout, the blue grass, the sentiment , the amazing ribbon......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This card is so perfect. I love it. Just found your blog, I'm about to check out the rest of your work with a cup of coffee. Crafty hugs, Katy xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails