Thursday, January 17, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 124


Hi there! I know I've been MIA for almost a week now. I've actually been making so many cards for my DT assignments that I have had no time for any posts. I'm getting ready for blog hops, a release and a challenges. And they all just happened to have to go live all on the same day! lol. So it's going to be busy around here today.

This is one challenge assignment though that I always love to make. Welcome to CASE Study Challenge 124! Here's Amber's inspiration card and tag for this week.

Amber - inspiration

This was a little tricky for me. I wasn't sure which element of the project to CASE. I wanted to CASE the cute little bottle images but I realized I didn't have any. So I took the flower(s) element and some of the colors of the card and tag for my project.


I apologize for the bad photo. It's been gloomy these past few days and I was in such a hurry this morning that I was only able to use my point and shoot today. I've had to Photoshop the images to fix the dark photos. 



All stamps and dies used are from Papertrey Ink. Patterned papers, as always are from My Mind's Eye. All inks are Hero Arts Shadow Inks and all from Simon Says Stamp. I have always been in awe of how my favorite card maker Melissa Phillips makes use of mica flakes. So I finally bought a jar to try it myself. I don't know how to use them yet, but I'll be trying to use them more these days. :)

On my card, I added a few to the center of this flower which I heat embossed on vellum. I ran a pink Copic marker over the flower to add more color before I adhered the mica flakes.

 I'm still obsessing over woodgrain. Today, I stamped in instead of embossed it onto the top of my card. I added lace, felt, a flower and some baker's twine to finish things off. 

My aunt's birthday is coming up soon and she loves flowers. So I thought this card would be perfect for her. :) 

 How will you choose to CASE this week's inspiration photo? Come and get inky! Join us over at CASE Study Challenge! See you there! :)


6 comments:

  1. oh, a classic Jean card with so many vintage finds! LOVE the felt heart border :) I've been thinking I haven't touched base with you in a while...so glad I did tonight! Can't wait to see the upcoming goodies you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the card! The hearts are adorable. And the mica flakes really add that special something. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jean
    This is such a gorgeous card.... So feminine love the flower is it crocheted or knitted...... I love it.....
    I am your new follower
    Hugs Sylvie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the mica flakes and lovely vellum flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that vellum flower!!! The embossing and that seed packet together with the hearts and that pink lace are beautiful...don't know how you came up with all these great elements that work together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about your card - all the little details make it so much fun to look at. I could stare at it for hours! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails