Sunday, January 27, 2013

Retro Sketches 47 - LATE!!!


I made this card early in the week and have no idea why I didn't post it. It was supposed to be my first submission for Retro Sketches. I kept on putting it off until I realized that the challenge had already closed. EPIC FAIL! lol. Still, I'm going to share it with you. :) Here's the sketch.


And here's my supposed submission. haha! All stamps are from Papertrey Ink. Oh I'm going to go off track a little here but I wanted to share with you that I got my order from Simon Says Stamp faster than my earlier order. When I ordered last December it took about 2 weeks for my order to come. But this time it took about a week. Not bad! I was pleasantly surprised. I hope it will be like this from now on. It was probably because it was December and that the postal service was very, very busy. So YAY!

I've been collecting Hero Arts Shadow Inks lately and am pleased to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! The BEST inks I have used so far. :) You HAVE to give it a try!!!


I layered some Beautiful Blooms II and followed the sketch layout. And I stamped the flowers from Sending You on the floral dies..

 

 I cut a strip of kraft cardstock and dry embossed it. I tied some twine around the kraft before adhering it. I saw this twine from Hemptique on a post about the winter CHA. I bought just one to see how it is. So far, I'm loving it...so I guess I'll be getting more of it soon! :)

 The label is from Label Basics. I bought this set because I wanted to use it to label and organize my craft space. But so far I haven't done that yet! lol! I even bought some mini drawers from the Container Store to organize my embellishments. Well, the drawers are still in their shrink wrap! Haha.



Anyway, I'll be back again soon! There's a new CASE Study this week as well as a release from WPlus9!!! So wait for it!!! :)


10 comments:

  1. You might have failed on linking it up with the challenge but the card itself is far from that. It is stunning. Love all the details you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am so glad you still posted it Jean, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I really love the juxtaposition of the dry embossed dots and the stamped ones. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous take on that sketch! And your color combination is lovely. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, this is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A winner for sure!! Every little detail is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa...you made that sketch sing or card sing!! Love the BG images and flowers are fabulous....the embossed kraft-perfect!! I just recently purchased from Simon and my order was here in less than a week and with a little coupon....so purchased again....I just needed some things, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how pretty Jean. Love the lovely flowers, the twine... I have the label set and haven't used it yet... it looks sooooo good on your card, especially in orange. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails