Thursday, February 21, 2013

Early Spring


I cannot wait for spring to arrive. So I'm making spring come early over at CASE Study Challenge Blog! We have another card from our February Muse Teri Anderson this week. 


I was a little stumped by this card when I first saw it. But the thing that stuck after I stood up from my desk was the band of colored strips across the card. So I cut some strips of patterned paper and sewed it onto a vintage cream cardstock panel. I wanted to bring in a backyard feel to it so I stamped the larger Chicken Wire from Waltzingmous Stamps image onto it.


I grabbed my Mother's Day Bouquet from WPlus9 and started stamping flowers and leaves in different colors. I hand cut the flowers and leaves and adhered them across the band of patterned paper strips that I made. I also stamped butterflies and dots onto the background panel as well.


  There are times when I want to use my Silhouette Cameo for things like these. But since I have a small craft space I have my Cameo tucked away in a corner. Whenever I have to use it, I have to move stuff around and then put everything back when I'm done. That's why most of the time I feel lazy to use it. It's really embarrassing. I hope I can find a better set-up for it so that I can use it more. If you have a great solution I would really appreciate it if you could drop me a line! Thank you so much for stopping by today! I'll see you again soon! :)




6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jean. Jaw dropping beautiful! The background sets off the paper and flowers perfectly. LOVE.IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you wouldn't have thought you were ever stumped looking at this beauty!
    Is it spring yet?! ;D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean I just hopped on over from Case study to tell you how much I {heart} your card :) Great interpretation of the inspiration card and oh so very pretty - thanks so much for the amazing inspiration x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much I can't stand it! It is perfect in every way. Seriously perfect! Love the pretty flowers and the butterflies on the background with the chicken wire and the patterned paper - you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails