Oh wow! March is almost over. I can't believe how fast that went! I'm going to be off on a long vacation this April...for an ENTIRE month! Yes! A whole month! I'm going to the Philippines to visit my family. I haven't been to see them for over a year and I'm getting home sick. And since it's cheaper for me to visit them instead of ALL of them coming to visit me here...I'm getting an entire month off! :)
Don't worry though...the blog will still be up and running. I've made my DT assignments in advance so you'll still see posts go up on the days that they're supposed to. My family and I will be beach hopping for 3 weeks so the only thing I probably won't have much time to do is comment. I apologize for that in advance. But I will try to share some of my pictures here with you so that you can see a bit of my country! :)
Anyway, let's get to today's challenge. Welcome to the last week of our March Muse, Julie Ebersole, over at CASE Study Challenge. Please make sure to stop by her blog to leave her some love and thank her for her beautiful inspirational cards! This is CASE Study Challenge 134, and here's is Julie's inspiration card for this week.
So by now you're probably asking yourself...what does my card have to do with Julie's?! lol! Well, after I looked at the inspiration card and walked away, the thing that stuck the most was that there were plants and berries on Julie's card. So that's what I did with my card. I also added the Easter theme since it is Easter.
I wanted to try the "chalkboard" technique since seeing it a few months back. I know it's not the latest trend anymore, but I wanted to try it anyway. I took a panel of Ocean Tides, and heat embossed these flowers from the Mini Blooms stamp set. Then I stamped a few other images and a sentiment from it as well, using the White Pigment Ink from WPlus9. I cannot go on enough in saying that this has to be the BEST white pigment ink I have tried.
I used the same ink to to rub against the edges of the Ocean Tides cardstock to make it look more "chalkboard-ish". Then I cut out a strip of wood grain patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and used it as a belly band for my card. I also used A Good Egg from WMS to bring out the Easter theme that I wanted to achieve. Lastly, I added a few rhinestone gems to mimic the berries on Julie's card.
The edges of the band seemed to fray after I folded it. But after looking at it for a while I thought it was a great addition to the texture and composition of the card. So I kept the little flaw right where it was. :)
I hope you've enjoyed my card for this week's CASE Study Challenge. I would love to see what you will come up with. And if you want more inspiration, just head on over to the challenge blog to see what the other DT ladies have for you! Thanks for stopping by today!