Thursday, April 18, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 137


There's a new challenge over at CASE Study Challenge Blog! Since I left for vacation, I've been trying to regularly check your submissions to CASE and I apologize for not commenting. Internet has been really bad and I have very little time in front of a computer. Even if I haven't been commenting, I have been LOVING the submissions!!!! You guys are amazing!!! So much inspiration each week! I am starting to miss my stamps and paper!!!!

This week is CASE Study Challenge 137 and we have another wonderful card from our April muse, JJ Bolton. Here's JJ's inspiration card for this week.


And here's my take on it. I took my inspiration from the negative space on JJ's card. As well as the image that was right under it. For my card, I used a flower instead. I used the Lovely Layers die to make the negative space on my card front.

I stamped the coordinating image of the flower below it from the Lovely Layers stamp set. I brought the same colors out onto the card front by inking the edges with the Soft Pool ink. I think it adds a bit of color and depth to the card.

I also stamped these beautiful flowers around the negative space. The flowers as well as the sentiment are from Mini Blooms stamp set.

That's it for my CASE Study Challenge 137 submission. For more inspiration, make sure to check out what the rest of the CASE DT have in store for you! Make sure to come back later this afternoon at 2pm EST for the WMS Blog Waltz! :)

9 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the rich purple and the turquoise together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness Jean! You must have been quite a busy stamper before leaving on vacation!!! love this negative bloom - such pretty colors and stampings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from the CASE study blog to find out about your binder! LOL!! (The card is gorgeous, too, btw!) Can you tell me what kind of binder it is? If it were Levenger or ARC it would have black next to the rings... I love it!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Tricia! :)
      It's Martha Stewart from Staples. :)

      Delete
  4. Stunning and gorgeous card. I would have never put these colours together...but they are truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean I am in love with your use of Lovely Layers, need to CASE you, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure gorgeousness! I love they way you mixed up Lovely Layers and Mini Blooms (2 of my fave sets)! And you so make me want to put purple, lavender, and aqua together! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fabulous looking cards! Great work, Jean! = )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails