Thursday, April 25, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 138


Hello there! I'm back with another card for CASE Study Challenge. This is the last one for our April muse JJ Bolton. It's also going to be my last for a few weeks. I'm still on vacation and didn't get to make cards for the May CASE Study Challenges. I'll try to make it up to you as soon as I get back though. I have two weeks left of vacation time and I'm planning to enjoy every minute of it! :) 

Here's JJ's inspiration card for this week. I took the silhouette image of the girl and decided to use that as my inspiration for my card.


I loved the silhouetted image of the little girl in JJ's card and wanted to use the silhouette of the little girl from TCM's Butterfly Kisses. But instead of stamping it black, I heat embossed it white on vellum paper. 


And since it's a little fairy girl, I wanted to surround her with flowers. So I grabbed my WPlus9 Folk Art Florals and started stamping away. Then to give it more depth, I shaded parts of the flowers with Copic markers. I love how that came out. I think I'm going to use that technique again on another card. :) The sentiment is from WPlus9 Embroidered Bouquet.

Don't forget to head on over to the other CASE Study DT girls' blogs for more inspiration. Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you again soon! :)


10 comments:

  1. Stunning card! I love the girl embossed in white on vellum! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this card, Jean! Love your idea of the overlay of vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamping on those trailing flowers is amazing, love the subtlety of the diecut girl image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fairy girl is one of my most FAV TCM stamps...love it with vellum overlaid on the florals!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just lovely Jean - your embossed butterfly girl is so delicate and fairy-like on the vellum ;)
    And your folky-stamped flower clusters look fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration, and enjoy the rest of your break, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the trailing flowers on this and the striped paper at the top. So colorful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at vellum;) And embossing on vellum? Awesome!! You do the loveliest work Jean!

    BTW, I thought I was a follower of your blog and just realized I wasn't! That's fixed now:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails