Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Fever


Hi there! I'm sorry it's been so quiet on the blog lately. I have been running around like a chicken without a head trying to get everything ready before I leave for vacation. If you didn't see my last post, I'm going on a 1 MONTH vacation back home to the Philippines! :) Yay! I'm so excited to see my family. I haven't seen them for more than a year and that's saying a LOT since we're a very, very tight knit family.

Anyway, I felt bad for not having any cards for a few days now so I managed to sneak this one in yesterday. I've been making my DT posts ahead of time so that it won't be so quiet here all the time. I'm leaving this Thursday night so I still have a bit of time to make a few more cards before I go.

I've have a lot of friends who are having a baby or have just had a baby. It's like crazy baby spring fever around here! lol! I made this card in lieu of the occasion!  


I used Papertrey Ink's Birds and Blooms as well as Mini Blooms on my card. I just love these stamp sets. I hope you're not getting tired of seeing me use them over and over again on my projects!

I used the branch and made it into vines. Then I just randomly stamped the blooms around it. I'm not sure what's up, but I apologize for the bad pictures. I think I was in such a hurry taking these and that's why they came out not so good. Anyway, I just LOVE these sentiments from Mini Blooms! I think PTI should make an entire stamp set based on this font combination! I would be one of the first ones to buy it! :)

 I made another branch and this time I hand cut it to add dimension to my card. I haven't gotten any of the new PTI stamps and dies yet. I was going to wait until I get back to get them. :) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short post. I'll see you again on Thursday for CASE Study Challenge! I'll be posting pictures from my vacation to share with all of you! See you then! :)


7 comments:

  1. Jean a beautiful card and wow going home to visit your family is so wonderful. Have a great time and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the flowers, colors, and perfect with the bird's nest/birds!! I did make a card for CASE study using the new release at WMS...just HAD to play with Folk Art Medallion. Totally missing the WMS challenges!! Have a fab time with your family....mine live 12 hours away...so it's twice a year and I'm squealng for you....I can just imagine how excited you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love those draping flowers and the little birds! Fab use of twine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg!! Loving this such a fun design! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this card! I loved the stamp set before but now I have to find time to go play today with your new twist on using the branches- that, and the clever way you made old 'wood' out of elegant patterned paper is just genius! You have a new follower for life...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails