Thursday, May 30, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 143

*** If you're looking for my WMS Blog Waltz post, please scroll down. ***


Hi there! Whew! Busy, busy week! I'm exhausted and it's only Thursday! I've been making cards for stamp releases these past few weeks. I'm really glad for CASE Study Challenge, it's a break where I can make cards using any stamp sets I want. :)

This week is Maile Belles' last week with us as the May Muse. I've really enjoyed having her as our muse. Specially since I've been able to practice some CAS! :) Here's her card for CASE Study Challenge 143.


I recently purchased my very first Lawn Fawn stamp sets. I've never been the one to veer towards cutesy stamps but because of Elena (Lawn Fawn DT), I've found myself wanting to give it a try. Elena! I finally did it! What do you think?! :)

I loved Elena's projects and photography so much that I wanted to try it out. Here's what I came up with. I used Blue Skies, Bannerific and their coordinating dies for my card. I used Maile's color combination and use of kraft cardstock.


I did notice that a LOT of coloring is involved with cutesy stamps. I don't have a lot of Copic markers so it seems that I need to address that at some point. I did order Derwent's Inktense pencils from SSS. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I'll tell you how that goes once I get it. I ordered it over a week ago and according to their website it hasn't shipped yet. 
I seriously need more patience these days! lol!



Let me know what you think of my first cutesy card ok? :) That's it for me! If you're done here you can head on over to the other DT ladies blogs' for more inspiration. Thanks for stopping by today!

17 comments:

  1. Love this card and the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can rock any stamp, Jean!!! Plus, a kraft & red color combo? I'm swooning over the whole thing! soooo cute! You put a huge smile on my face this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Stamp of approval from my favorite Lawn Fawn Diva! :)

      Delete
  3. Great card, Jean. Just want to say that I follow your creations from waltzingmouse all the time, and although all their design team are fabulous, I always look at your blog first :) I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thank you for your kind words. This made me smile today! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh look at you rockin' the fun and cute! You can create with any stlyle at ease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! Heehee. I was nervous to try it! Thanks Tammy! :)

      Delete
  5. This is SO NEAT!! I LOVE the Overall Design!! Such great stamping!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did good with these stamps... not too cutesy!! Now, I am wondering- did you mask and create your sun rays or use a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie it's a stamp from Hero Arts. :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful coloring and design.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is simply amazing! Your coloring and design skills are out of this world!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is stunning, Jean! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been rocking the CAS designs lately, girl! I adore your cutesy scene and have had my eye on those sweet hot air balloons. The sun rays look amazing on the kraft, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails