Thursday, June 6, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 144


OK. So I have something completely different from what I usually make...again. If you didn't see my last CASE Study post I've been practicing using my new Lawn Fawn stamps. I've been seeing them a lot on my favorite blogs and I think they're absolutely adorable! The Cute and Fun style has to be the hardest style I've tried out so far. I've been trying to use the cute stamps without making the entire project way too cute. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew! lol! Because I love these stamps! :)

So here we go, welcome to CASE Study Challenge 144. And since it's June, we have a new muse this month. Please help us welcome, the fabulous Lisa Spangler! Here's her card for this week's challenge.


The thing that stuck most with me when I saw this card was the strips of color behind the feathers. And although a nice feather card would have been fantastic, I don't have any feather stamps. So I went with the bands of color instead. I stamped a few strips of color onto my background card stock. I used a stamp image from TCM's Typically Teen and stamped it in four colors.


Then I stamped it again onto a smaller piece of kraft and adhered it at an angle to the card base. This is where I adhered my unicorn from Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After.

I actually have another card for you. This one is entirely Cute and Fun. I did not hold back at all. So for the Cute and Fun experts out there, I hope I did a good job. I'm not going to elaborate on it much. I just did the same process and stamped the bands of color on the main background card stock. Then I adhered images from Critter's Ever After on top.

 I kept the feel of the shots the same so that you could really see the difference between my muted Cute and Fun card and my full on Cute and Fun card. Heehee. :) These stamps are just so fun to work with! I'm still waiting on my Inktense pencils to arrive. When they do, it'll be so much fun practicing with them using these stamp sets! :)

That's all I have for you today! I hope that was fun for you as it was for me! For more inspiration, please head on over to the other DT girls' blogs. Thanks for stopping by today! See you again! :)

10 comments:

  1. so cute!! look at you, rockin' the lawn fawn! I especially love the 2nd card - the brush strokes really pop on the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...that is so adorable Jean! So loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brush strokes....my daughter Ellie does too. She saw me flipping through blogs this AM and when I came across this one she say "oooooo"....high praise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAH! Even the muted card screams cute and fun!!! Love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...these are just too cute Jean! Awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS for sharing such a FUN CARD!! I LOVE the way you designed this!! ;) Have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Jean! I find the cute cards to be the hardest to make, too. In fact, it's the reason I don't buy very many cute stamps-- I just don't use them.
    I love the strips of watercolour behind your images-- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your cards are gorgeous!! I really like the color behind your images! Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails