Thursday, June 27, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 147


I've been making cards like crazy these past few days which left me with no time to play in any card challenges whatsoever. I have no idea how other people with so many DT positions do it! I don't even have a lot and I can't find time to join. Please! Share your secrets!!! :) lol!

I'm a very slow card maker. Teehee! It literally takes me a while to figure out what I want to do and how I'm going to do it. So I don't get a lot done at a time. It's a good thing CASE Study Challenge is once a week. So technically I still get to join in a challenge. ;)

This week's challenge was indeed a CHALLENGE for me. It's so very CAS!!! And I'm still working on my CAS. But hopefully one CAS card at a time will get me there! This week we have a very colorful card from our June muse Lisa Spangler!


I decided to CASE Lisa's patterned background and make a patterned background of my own. I used Happiness in Bloom from PTI to make mine. And I have to confess that I've been bitten by the gold bug these past few days. You are going to see a lot of projects with gold in it! lol! I'm warning you early! If you have an aversion to gold please run away now!!! :)


I saw this beautiful Mint and Gold inspiration photo and thought that it would be great to use on my background panel. I used Hero Arts Mint Julep and Soft Sand for this. I love these new Hero Arts Shadow Ink colors! They are so beautiful!!! :) 

If you're wondering about the shaded Soft Sand images. I actually colored the lower part of each "droplet" with a colored pencil to give it that "shadow" effect. And yes, I colored each and every single droplet. :)


I also stamped and heat embossed this pretty bunch of flowers from PTIs Mini Bloom Stamp Set. Then I adhered a banner with the sentiment over it. And because I couldn't help it I also added some jute twine around the banner.















There you go! I would love, love, love to see what you do with this challenge! Let me know what you think of my gold fixation! haha! So please join us over at CASE Study Challenge Blog! Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you again soon...

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Jean!!!! I love every little detail !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH! This. is. gorgeous Jean! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh..so love the card Jean! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coloring was definitely worth it, and I have a thing for gold, so I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous, Jean! I love it!
    And did you get a new blog header? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! I actually made my blog header with Adobe Illustrator. I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails