Thursday, July 4, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 148


Happy 4th of July to everyone in the US! I hope you're all having a nice time relaxing or BBQing. :) It's that time of the week again! Welcome to another round of CASE Study Challenge! We have a new muse for the month of July. It's the very talented Miss Jocelyn Olson! Please help us welcome her!!! And now without further ado...Jocelyn's inspiration card for CASE Study Challenge 149.


Jocelyn's card is absolutely stunning isn't it?! I love butterflies!!! I didn't stamp in my butterflies though. Instead, I wanted to make 3D butterflies. Here's my interpretation of this week's inspiration card.


I started by heat embossing this image from Mehndi Medallion Mini in white. Then I blended HA Mint Julep and HA Soft Pool over it and die cut it circle. I also used the smaller image from the same stamp set to randomly stamp my background using HA Soft Sand. I die cut a gray piece of cardstock with Memory Box - Woodland Branch and adhered it above the medallion. The I punched out some butterflies using Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly. I punched out several pieces of them and attached them randomly on the branch.

 I folded the butterfly wings a little to bring out more of the dimension that I wanted. Lastly, I heat embossed the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #24.

I hope you like my card for CASE Study Challenge 148. Please join us! I would love to see what you make of the inspiration photo for this week! I'll be out on vacation the whole of next week, so it might be a bit quiet around here. But there's a new releasing waiting the week after! So please make sure to come back again! Thank you so much for stopping by today! See you again soon! :)

17 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your CASE Study card Jean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The embossed medallion with that light color is fantastic and the butterflies are perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean your card is fantastic, and i adore the Mehndi medallion embossed, hope amazing. Great interpretation Jean, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and gorgeous ..LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gasp....gorgeous...wow wow wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply Gorgeous! Love the color scheme, and love that branch with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutey Beautiful! Love the colors! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beeautiful Jean!! I love the embossing and the soft colors....just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!! I love the color combo and the neat over all design take on the challenge!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so lovely, Jean! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. Love the medallion, the delicate butterflies dancing around the delicate branch, and the embossed sentiment. Just a totally perfect card; thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails