Thursday, July 25, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 151


It's almost the weekend! Yay! Of course all of us want it to be the weekend already. I always enjoy spending a big chunk of my Saturday just in my craft room. I'll let you in on a little secret...I'm a SLOW card maker! Probably the slowest you'll ever meet! Hahahaha. In fact I should change my blog name to Slow Stamper! lol!!! 

It takes me close to an hour to finish one card. YES! Not kidding. I can't sketch stuff ahead of time to save my ink pads. I have to be sitting down with actual stamps and inks in front of me before an idea pops up. And it takes TIME before anything comes my way...hence the close to an hour just to make one card. heehee. 

It's a wonder that I got to finish so many cards this week though! And one of them is for CASE Study Challenge 151. Welcome! Welcome to another challenge! We have one last card from our July muse Jocelyn Olson. Here it is!


I absolutely love the color combination on Jocelyn' card! As well as her use of the grunge background stamp. So I took those as my inspiration and made a little something for everyone this week! I made a Fun and Cute card! Yes! I'm dabbling in ALL the card styles it seems. Teehee. I've been loving stamps from Lawn Fawn, Newton's Nook Designs, and Paper Smooches lately! 


For my card, I used this adorable lady bug from PTI's Tremendous Treats: Birthday. I stamped the little ladies and colored them in with Copics. I also added a little bling with Stickles on their little stars. 

I used PTI's Grunge Me for my background. I stamped it in yellow and pink to coordinate with the inspiration card colors. Mine are just a little lighter. :) This is absolutely adorable in person, I can't wait to send this to one of my nieces!!! 

 There you go! I hope you enjoyed that! Make sure to head on over to the other DTs blogs for more inspiration. And next week is CASE Study Challenge's Anniversary!!!! Yay!!!! Chupa has an AMAZING line up of designers!!!! AND...a long list of sponsors!!!! YES!!! Prizes are going to be up for grabs!!! So make sure you join us next week, starting August 1st! See you there!!!



12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I just love it! Those little ladybugs paired with the grunge and those curly-ques are so fun! I'm a slow stamper as well! I could never do that 10 minute dash to save my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Jean...love the lady bugs...Oh so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing a great job with "cutesy" stamps! I love this card layout.
    p.s. - Thanks for the Love to Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorably cute, I love it! Great elements to go with your cute bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love lady bugs! Your card is adorable, Jean! The time and care you put into your cards is very evident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, Jean! I love your card!
    I'm pretty slow, too. I think it's because i just enjoy sitting in my space, surrounded by my supplies. It's my happy place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those lady bugs and the scrolls on sides of banner!! Eeeeeks one hour-I've never timed myself but, dang I usually make a card in a couple settings....play and come back....thinking I'm really a slow turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a Swwet Card Jean!! Loving your take on the challenge!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card, love the colors Jean :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card - I love that stamp set... what a fun inspiration to see those ladybugs in yellow and pink ;)
    I know what you mean about being a slow crafter - it takes me a while to make a card too. I will never be able to make one of those challenges to create in 10 minutes!!! Rx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails