Friday, August 9, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 152

***For my Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release - Day 3 post, please scroll down!***


Hi folks! I'm back again today for another post. This one is for CASE Study Challenge 152. I'm sorry I'm late to the party. But at least I made it right?! :) I could not miss this because we have a very, very famous crafter as our muse this month of August! And she has always inspired me to try new things and learn new techniques. It's none other than Jennifer McGuire!!! Here's her card for this week's inspiration!


When I saw this card, I knew I wanted to make a card with a sunburst image on it. But I didn't want to just stamp a sunburst image. Instead I made some patterned papers by stamping a chevron background stamp on it. I also stamped a polka dot pattern on some aqua mist cardstock. Then I cut them up and adhered them onto my main card to make them look like colorful rays.


And since the colors are so whimsical, I wanted to use a fun and cute image with it. And what else would go so well with a sunburst image than a balloon? This one is from Lawn Fawn Blue Skies. I know I've been using too many sunburst images with my Lawn Fawn cards, I promise this will be the last! Hahaha. 

I also had to add my favorite cloud die. This one is from Lil' Inkers Design Rainbow and Clouds Die Set. I just love their stitched dies!

As for my sentiment, since I couldn't stamp it directly onto the pieces of cardstock. I stamped and die cut this banner from Bannerific. The sentiment is from PTI's Tremendous Treats Birthday.

There you go! I hope you liked it! Thanks for stopping by today! Come again tomorrow. I have something up my sleeve. Hahaha. :)



5 comments:

  1. love it! the background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean this is gorgeous, you rocked out your CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, this is so lovely, and I will say - just between you and I, that at lunch I must have pinned half of your cards! LOL.

    Your feather cards are just amazing! And your WHM nautical just to die for!

    Wonderful!
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another fab card Jan - really cheery and summery colours. I love the sunburst look but somehow my 'rays' never work out and come together at the right angle. I need to find a tutorial I think!!! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this, Jean! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails