Thursday, August 15, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 153


Hello! Hello! I'm back with another CASE Study Challenge! Since it's our anniversary month, we have a very famous card maker as our August month. If you've only joined us this week, our fabulous August muse is none other than Jennifer McGuire!!! And here's her inspiration card for this week.


When I saw this, of course I immediately gravitated towards the flowers. I was all set to make my card but then I started to not feel well. In fact, I've been feeling under the weather for two days now that I couldn't make a card to save my ink pads. Then I remembered a floral card I had previously made for a submission that was never picked up. Whew! I have never been so glad to have a card not picked up!!! lol! Instead of skipping this week, I hope you don't mind if I share my reject card with all of you. :)

 It's a PTI card using Bigger Blooms, Mini Blooms, Mat Stack 2, and Christmas Labels. I saw this color combination on my last visit to Paper Source in the city. I LOVE that store! There's so much inspiration as soon as you come in the door! If you're ever in New York, you have to stop by the Paper Source on Columbus Avenue. It's the largest one in NY...I think. You won't regret it! OK, maybe after you pay, you will. LOL!!!

 Anyway, as I was saying, I LOVE this color combination. So you just might see it a bit more in my up coming cards. 

For the over all card design, I just stamped all the flowers and leaves and surrounded my label and sentiment with it. I also heat embossed the flourish from Mat Stack 2 above and beneath the label. The label I raised up with foam tape.


And there you go! I hope you liked my reject card even if it is a reject. I'll see you again soon ok! And put this down in your calendar, this coming Monday to Wednesday, August 19-21, I'll be featuring the new stamp releases from WPlus9. So make sure to come back!!! Thanks for stopping by today!!!


5 comments:

  1. Love the rich filigree paired with the fresh clean pastel palette with dusty roses and muted soft blues.

    STUNNING Elegance!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers and love the flourish around the sentiment!! Hope you're felling better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails