Thursday, September 19, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 158


Hi there! It's time for another CASE Study Challenge! How have you been enjoying our September muse Kathy Racoosin? Did you see how awesome her coloring skills are?! Out of this world!!! We're so happy she's joining us this month. Here's her inspiration card for this week's challenge.
I used Kathy's card layout for my card this week. I made this for a friend who just celebrated her birthday. I dry embossed the wood grain (Tim Holtz) panel on a kraft cardstock. Then brushed my Versamark Ink over the higher portions to make them look darker and stand out.

  Then I stamped, colored and die cut this floral image from PTI's Fancy Folk Art stamp set. I adhered it onto a strip of Smokey Shadow cardstock where I heat embossed the sentiment from Bigger Blooms. I tried to make the panel look a little bit like a chalk board. I hope it worked. :)

Finally, I added a little twine around the panel for texture and dimension.

There you go! Please join us this week over at CASE Study Challenge! Thanks for stopping by today! Come back later in the afternoon, I'll have another post for you then.


6 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty! The chalkboard is kind of unexpected, but I love the surprise of it, and the coloring on the floral piece is just right. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I really like the woodgrain texture and the rough string - great contrast with the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Jean! I think I need that embossing folder....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails