Thursday, October 3, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 160


***This is my second post for today. If you're looking for my WPlus9 post please scroll down.***

Hi there folks! It's a new month and that means a new muse for October for CASE Study Challenge. And I am over the moon happy that it's going to be one of my favorite card makers!!! Please help us welcome Elena Roussakis!!! I am an avid fan of this talented lady! So when I found out that she was going to be our muse this month, I was absolutely excited! Here's Elena's inspiration photo for CASE Study Challenge 160.


You probably all know Elena, so you also know that she makes the most awesome themed parties EVER! And although this is an image of one of her themed parties, you don't have to make an entire party ensemble for the challenge. Just use them as an inspiration for your project, like I did with mine!

I made a Christmas themed card and brought in the colors from Elena's inspiration photo. I've been in Christmas card making mode for the past few days now so I couldn't help myself. Also, Elena is part of the wonderful DT of LawnFawn Stamps. So it made sense to make a Lawn Fawn card. She is after all the reason why I started playing with Lawn Fawn stamps. :) 


First off, I used Let It Snow to make my snowy scene. I used a white gel pen to make the trees look like they had snow on them. I thought that was neat! :) Then I added these adorable houses from Home Sweet Home.

The card seemed to be bottom heavy, so I added falling snow to balance it out. I LOVE this image from this set. It's my favorite. Probably a big reason why I got the set in the first place. lol. I think it adds so much to the over all look of the card.

I hope you liked it! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll be able to join us this week! See you again soon!





12 comments:

  1. Jean, you are too sweet and so talented! I love your winter scene, and that confetti/snowfall border is my favorite too - it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! A great Elena CASE, but definitely still you, I love how the houses pop against the lighter background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so excited that Elena is the muse this month! I will have to play along....
    I love your card, Jean! It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! I love the snowy sky and the rolling hills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a pretty little scene, I {heart} it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Jean, perfect scene! Detailed but not too much. So excited that I can case you because I have both of these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic card Jean!
    Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little scene Jean...so Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this adorable scene you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Jean!! Love those hills and the snowy trees and the little houses are perfect!! Elena does do fab party themed projects....you were the one that pointed me to her blog!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails