Saturday, January 7, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 79

Hey bloggies! I've been missing my family a whole lot since the holidays. Christmas and New Years are always best spent with family right? So I was feeling a bit down not having them here. My sisters and I have finally got our Skype running though and have been having a lot of video chat sessions lately. Thank you Skype! It makes a lot of difference, specially on my bad days.

Well this good news brings my spirits up. Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is back! Yay! 
I've missed it a lot since the break and I'm pretty sure you have too. We have a new sketch this week and it's a pretty simple one actually. Something you can do absolutely anything and everything with! :) 


Here's my card for WMSC79. I was thinking of my mom right as I was trying to decide what to do with the sketch.  So I ended up making a card for her. I used images from Cameo to Go, Flourishes: Scallops and Dots, Dainty Doilies 2 - Small, and Text It.


The doily die cut is from Papertrey Ink, and the tag is from Fancy Tags 2 - Spellbinders. I also glued some micro beads straight on the doily. I thought they looked really pretty and sparkly...almost like German glitter glass. They're from Martha Stewart. The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye: Madison Avenue.


This was such a fun card to make. And the sketch allows for a lot of possibilities. So get inky and come play with us! Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Mischief Makers have in store! Thanks for stopping by today and for all the nice comments you leave for me. I don't get to reply to all of them but they're my everyday pick-me-ups! So thank you!!! See you again! 




7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really beautiful, so feminine. Love the tag and cameo panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you would miss your family.. mine is way over in Canada and I am in Ireland!! Love your card... they way you used the fancy tags 2 die is really cool and you have inspired me to use those micro beads I have that have never seen the light of day!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jean, this just leaves me speechless. It's absolutely beautiful! Hope the Skype connection helps you have more good days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean! I love how you layered the label die with the circle - and all your wonderful bg stamping - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love the use of all those different stamps for the background!!! Cameo and beads are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Jean. I love the soft feminine touches and pretty cameo. I know your mom will love it. :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gosh Jean, your combination of subtle patterns and shading is just awesome! Really love this card.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails