Saturday, April 14, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 93

Hi there! It's finally the weekend, and it's going to be busy. I had some time yesterday for a little inky break for myself. Since I have a baby shower and a baptism to go to this weekend, I was in the mood to make a baby card. The sketch for this week was perfect for it. Here's what we have for you for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 93.


I realized I didn't make an Easter card last weekend and Easter colors were still stuck in my head when I made this card. I used My Mind's Eye patterned papers for this. I am so loving my 6 x 6 pads! 

I put together these patterned paper panels and stamped a border using Nordic Spring from WMS. Then I zigzag stitched them together. I die cut this Christmas Layers die and stamped a label image in it and the sentiment from L'il Buddies

I added the lace(Jo-ann's) and button over the die and sewed the top and bottom panel of the patterned paper. I wanted to keep things simple for this one. 


I also die cut these Limitless Layers and stamped my cute little chickie from L'il Buddies on it. Then I adhered them with some foam tape. I tried coloring the image by making a lot of dots and concentrating on the parts that I wanted darker. What do you think? I saw this technique somewhere and I've been trying to practice on it for a while now.


The rest of the Mischief Makers have more inspiration for you. So make sure to head on over to their blogs and leave some love. Thanks for visiting today! 





Supplies Used:

6 comments:

  1. So cute and perfect for a spring baby! Your coloring looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it, Jean! What a cute chick and that lace is fab! Beautiful! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! I just I used something very similar in my blog card, that I finished at 4am this morning!
    Love your layering ant the beautiful lace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful as usual... Fabulous card for your busy weekend....wish I had bucks... One more set I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jean, love the fresh springy colours, and the great die cut shape! Fab!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails