Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps May 2013 Release Previews - Day 3


Hello! Hello! It's Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May 2013 Release Previews. Did you find the last two days inspiring? I hope so! For Day 3, we're making projects combining Country Labels No. 4 and USA 1776.

When I sat down to make these cards, I automatically thought...masculine cards. It seemed appropriate and it's practice for me! :)

I used the US flag as inspiration for this card. I cut strips of red cardstock and adhered it to my base panel. Then I stamped and die cut the round label from Country Labels No. 4 in navy. I was about to adhere the star I die cut when I thought the middle looked very empty. So I stamped a circle in red at the center to balance things out. I was just hoping that it didn't look like Captain America's shield! lol! :)

I used the sentiment from USA 1776 and heat embossed it in silver on the bottom of the label. Then I attached everything to a kraft card base.


My second card is also pretty simple. I stamped Text It to make the background panel of my card. Then I adhered a strip of patterned paper over it. I tied some twine around it and adhered the die cut label over it. I also stamped the eagle and hand cut it. Then I attached it with some foam tape over the label.




I kept things very simple. I hope these provided you with a wee bit of inspiration for masculine cards! I know how hard those are to make. It's good to get a little bit of practice here and there. :)

Thank you for stopping by today. I'll be back again tomorrow for the DT Blog Hop. If you're all done here, please head on over to the other DT girls' blogs to leave them some love! See you again tomorrow! :)

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Both of these masculine cards are wonderful! Love the red and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine makes, love the bold look of the first one and the eagle is perfectly placed on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the stripes you made Jean...this is such a striking card, especially with the embossing. Doesn't look like Captain America at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the stripes on both of these cards. Love the red one with the bold red stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifu beautiful cards Jean, such lovely CAS designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great patriotic cards! Love the added twine on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are just great! They both have a lovely masculine feel - the bold red stripes on the first card are very striking. The second card while CAS in design has a very vintage feel! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love your cards. They are so well stamped, with clean, clear images and great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Jean ! Love the stripes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the patriotic theme of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic and make me wish I was an American!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, I love the eagle card Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like both. That said, the first card is my most favorite of all the preview projects so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! LOVE the clean, crisp and striking lines of the first!! And the second equals it with its warmth!! Two completely different feels, but equally as beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh...look at you going all perfectly CAS!!! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are great. My favorite is the second one. I love the combination of diagonal and horizontal lines and the colors you chose. The script on the top and bottom make the perfect border. I loved how you popped the eagle. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me with the "nautical" patriotic card...
    I'm dying!!
    Love, love, love it!!
    And then the subtle beauty of the 2nd...
    well that's just icing on the cake!
    Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.....these look so formal and official, esp the first one, that I almost expected to see you had cased some emblem from Congress!!! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails