Sunday, July 18, 2010

TESC121

Hi peeps! It's Monday again tomorrow. But before the weekend is over I wanted to join a card challenge. I found this challenge in one of the blogs I follow. The sketch looks really fun! I had my Papertrey Ink Dotty Biscotti in hand and I really really wanted to use it. It was the inspiration for the color combination for this card aside from the sketch itself. I stamped some 5th Ave. Florals on some card stock and colored away with my water color pencils. Then I used odorless paint thinner to even out the coloring. It's a great alternative for people who don't have Copic markers. :) Although, I would LOVE to get my hands on some!!! I try to convince myself to get a few colors at a time, but every time I order from PTI I find myself wanting to order more stamp sets instead!!! Oh well! For now, this will have to do! 


So here it is! My submission for Taylored Expressions SC121 






Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, vintage cream (PTI), sand, yellow,yellow-orange (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - SEI, Dotty Biscotti (PTI)
Stamps - 5th Ave. Florals (SU), Simply Stationery (PTI)




2 comments:

  1. I love those big blooms! Your coloring is wonderful, it makes me want to try out your paint thinner idea with the watercolor pencils that I've had for ages! Love that Dotty Biscotti, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean this is so lovely! I love how the circle with the sentiment really pops out and draws the eye. Love your colouring :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails