Saturday, May 14, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 115 and PDCC81

***It's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Day...so don't forget to check out my post for Challenge 47...just click here.***


Hi bloggies! I was looking through my favorite blog sites and challenge sites this morning and was delighted to find the challenge over at Card Patterns. They always come up with the most wonderful sketches. At times the sketches scare me off, but this morning I wanted to take up the challenge and see what happens.


Card Patterns Sketch 115 is by the very talented Nina Brackett. And their guest designer this week is Clare Buswell. She has been one of the greatest inspirations I've had since I started this hobby. I was delighted when I saw that she was the guest designer for this week. OF COURSE, I also knew that a lot of my TCM friends are here! How could I not join in on all the fun?! :) Here's Nina's sketch for Card Patterns 115.



I don't know if it's very obvious, but I used the colors from The Play Date Cafe Challenge 81 for my card. I tried to fix the picture so that the colors would be pretty visible, but it seems I did a poor job at it. Anyway, here's the gorgeous color combination for PDCC81.


For those who visit my blog often, you all know that I'm totally afraid of irregularly shaped cards. THIS is an irregularly shaped card. (for me) lol! Once in a while, I'll get out of my little shell and try something out. Here's me trying! :) 

I used my Butterfly Kisses from The Craft's Meow to make my card. I thought it was perfect for this card. And it's also one of my favorite stamps! :) I'm always delighted when I browse through other people's blogs and find them using the stamps I love to use. It never fails to give me more ideas on how else I can use my stamps.  What do you think? :)



12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL in so many ways Jean!!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Jean. Love circle cards... great colors... and I {heart} all the lace. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your circle card, Jean! Beautifully done! Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop staring at this card - all of your details are just perfect. Well done my friend, well done. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lace and the colors - the shimmery star and pretty stamping on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I love your shaped card! sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, yeah, Jean...I DEFINITELY think you should step out of your creative comfort zone more often! This card is a dream! Total elegance! So glad to see you over in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Jean, this is stunning! As Andrea said you really should try different shaped cards more often, you've done a fantastic job, it just oozes gorgeousness! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Jean! I used a round card for my sample this week, too, and I'm usually a straight, A2 kind of gal. I like your card, and your photography is awesome, too. :) THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Jean! Every last, little detail just makes this card shine above! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fabulous card, jean! love all of the lace and your cute banner:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails