Saturday, September 8, 2012

A little WMS Halloween! - WMSC 114


Hello there! Welcome back to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I'm feeling very Halloween-ish this week since October is almost upon us. So I made a Halloween card for my submission this week. Here's our sketch for WMSC 114.


Don't you just LOVE this sketch?! I totally LOVE it!!!! When I first saw it, I couldn't decide what I wanted to use to cluster on the side. And since I LOVE WMS Halloween stamps, and it was just perfect timing, I made a Halloween card. Once I decided what theme my card was going to be, I knew I wanted a cluster of bats to decorate the right side of my card.

 I don't have the stamps of the bats that I had in mind, so I looked for some on the Silhouette Store. I found these and was totally thrilled that it fit what I had in mind exactly! I stamped this Gothic window stamp from Midnight Feast and colored in the "panels". Then I arranged the bats to make it look like they were coming out from the window.


I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Hocus Pocus and was happy for the chance to use the "gate" stamp. I think it's absolutely brilliant! Claire is such a genius when it comes to designs! I stamped the sentiment over the gate. I had to do it twice so that it would stand out above the grills of the gate.


I hope you'll like this card as much as I do! Please join us over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and get ready to ink your Waltzingmouse Stamps! Enjoy your weekend! I'll see you all again soon! :)


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card, Jeanne! The way you have the scale of the bats is perfect! Like they are flying right at you. Awesome use of the gate and window images, too...so cool with the black and white chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I do like the bats flying out of the Gothic window - very Halloween! Super colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, this is just spooky gorgeousness at its best! Those bats are fantastic! AND I want to say CONGRATS! Isn't that YOU as Designer of the Month in October CARDS? I saw it in my online issue :) LOVE reading about you and seeing even more of your beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I came back to look and realized I called you Jeanne, eeek...JEAN! I should know how to spell it your way since that is my middle name, heeee! SORRY JEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bats flying out of the belfry....well, maybe it's not exactly a belfry but, I love it!! You perfectly stamped the sentiment twice.....not sure I could have lined it up that well!! And....from what Maureen said...CONGRATS on your cards designer of the month!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean I love the way the bats are flying right at me , in this card. Love it!The fence looks great and somehow I have never seen this set, I cant believe I have missed this one. Great take on this weeks fun sketch. Looks like I will have to check out my online CARDS to see what you have been up to. Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Halloween card, Jean! Having the bats fly out of the window was a brilliant idea and you arranged them so perfectly! Love the Gothic window image and the cool gate too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, Jean! Love the background and the bats! And congratulations! You are the Designer of the Month!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails