Saturday, December 29, 2012

WMSC 129


Hi there! I'm back again! Whew! It's been a busy week hasn't it. I hope you aren't tired of me yet, because I have one more card before the week ends. 

Welcome to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 129! This week's sketch is from Edna! Come and give it a try! :)


This sketch stumped me at first. My head was like completely blank! Then I stamped and embossed this beautiful doily from Dainty Doilies - Large. After that it just came together wonderfully. I have been wanting to use Vintage Garden - Seed Packet for weeks now. And today, I finally had the chance to use it. I just LOVE the detail in this set and coordinating sets as well! 


 I layered some die cuts over the doily to add some dimension. I stamped the sentiment frame twice in aqua and yellow. Then I hand cut the flower portion and adhered that onto my aqua frame. I also dry embossed a wood grain pattern on the kraft base. I could not help myself. lol! :)

I sewed a strip of yellow chevron ribbon onto the bottom of the card and tied baker's twine over it. I wanted the pop of color to my otherwise neutral card. 

I'm meeting college friends next week. I'm so excited! Not so excited that I have to show them around Central Park during winter! lol! I have never been good with cold weather. I came from a tropical country so I doubt I'll ever get used to all this cold! Yesterday was 35 degrees and windy...I just had to walk from our car to our front door...less than a minute...and I was shivering so much already and my face hurt! lol. I can't imagine how I'm going to go around Central Park at all!!! Wish me luck! 

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope to see you all over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Enjoy your weekend! :)

9 comments:

  1. your cards are very liked! elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time to your blog. I love this card. You make it look so easy. And, I love the pop of color, yellow and blue. Wrap up and keep warm while being outside in this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean the texture on your card is incredible. Love that doily and the woodgrain background. That seed packet frame is so awesome the way you doubled stamped and fussy cut it. Good luck at Central Park, I am like you i hate the cold. Today it is snowing and it is 21 F outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combination and the texture of the embossing...great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors!! Wonderful use of the sketch....I'm feeling a bit stumped myself and since I just got back from a trip to northern IN I only have a couple days to think something up!! Have fun with your friends and bundle up....I have lived in the south so long, I too have a hard time with the cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the soft blue and yellow, and the woodgrain texture.

    Hope the walk in Central Park was okay! I'm finding the cold here in Michigan a bit tough to get used too - it's 25F now, but so much colder when we went out this morning. Fortunately there's no wind. Roll on summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Jean! I wish all the best for 2013! Your card is gorgeous! Love the soft colors and all the layers! Fabulous! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year!!!! I love your card and the wood embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL - LOVE your design and wonderful soft colors - always so inspiring to come here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails