Friday, June 25, 2010

Baby Card

Hi everyone! Tonight I made a baby card for my cousin-in-law who just gave birth to a healthy baby boy. I used some of my favorite Papertrey Ink elements like Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Kraft, Polkadot Basics 2... to name some :) I was watching Biada at Splitcoast Stampers on You Tube (I just love her videos...and her voice is just sooo relaxing!) earlier this evening and she used several Nestabilities dies on her projects. It made me want to pull out my small collection to use on this card as well! I also did some sponging...again inspired by Biada...she's so right about sponged cardstock being so much richer!

Oooh and I also just got my hands on some cutter bugs! I tried them on this card to make so holes on my card to make it look like I ran it through a sewing machine. I hope in the future I get over my fear of sewing machines and I can get a Jenome. I love the zigzag stitching I see in sooo many cards and feel bad that I can't do the same...maybe next time!!! Anyway, I wasn't trying to be precise with the cutter bug...I just ran it here and there...it's a cool tool to have!

I'm considering going to IL for the CHA Craft Supershow!!! :) Just so I can see all my favorite products and designers!!! I hope if I do go that I get to see some of you there! Wouldn't that be great?!?!!!! Should I buy my tickets in advanced or is it ok to get them there? I was only planning on going for 1 day and then spend a few days going around the area...is there a one-day pass for the show?

Anyway, here's my baby card for tonight. Enjoy!




Supplies:
Cardstock - Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Kraft (PTI), brown (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - K & Company
Stamps - Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Ink - Tea Dye (Tim Holtz), Versamark, Colorbox
Others - Dies (Spellbinders), edge punch (Martha Stewart), ribbon (Offray)


2 comments:

  1. Aww this is such a cute card! I love the colours and the cutter bug holes are a great feature. Your cousin-in-law will love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love all the polka dots and the scalloped border! Great job sponging, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails